Episode Guide for "Dolunay" ("Full Moon"): Episode #8

At the end of Episode 7:  Knowing he is about to kiss her, Nazli whispers, "This can't happen". Ferit simply replies, "It can" and slowly lowers his mouth to hers. Nazli raises her lips to meet his and they share an amazing first kiss. Cautiously at first like he is tasting her, the kiss quickly changes into a deeper, more passionate kiss as Ferit drinks her in. With the alcohol giving her courage, Nazli returns his kiss and releases all of her pent-up feelings. They share several passionate kisses as the full moon shines down on them.

********

The episode opens with the awesome kiss between Ferit and Nazli again. Of course, the sun must rise, and when it does, we find our lovebirds passed out on the couch outside. Nazli is sleeping against Ferit's chest. The table in front of them is littered with empty whiskey bottles and glasses. Nazli is the first to wake up and with that comes the shocking realization of where she is. She looks up at Ferit's sweet sleeping face and with a mortified look on hers, quietly slips away from his slack embrace. She grabs her purse and runs into the kitchen where she berates herself for the situation she finds herself in, and struggles to remember what all exactly happened the night before.

While she is busy talking to herself in the kitchen trying to figure out what to say to Ferit, she misses Deniz showing up. Seeing Ferit passed out, Deniz wakes him up and asks if he drank all that booze alone. Ferit is slow to wake up and looks around for Nazli. It is obvious Ferit remembers everything about the prior evening. He asks Deniz how long he has been there and hears Deniz had just arrived. Having formed her plan for what to say to Ferit, Nazli walks out of the kitchen to talk to him. But when she sees Deniz, she stops dead in her tracks. Deniz assumes she has also just arrived. Ferit and Nazli exchange a knowing look and make no further comment.

Deniz asks Ferit again if he drank all that booze alone. Ferit says he does not remember but he probably did. Nazli looks relieved that Ferit covered for her. Deniz says that the court misconstrued the pictures of Ferit and Nazle dancing together to mean they had a relationship. Looking right at Ferit, Nazli says, "Yes, unfortunately it was all a big misunderstanding". Ferit stares back at her and replies, "Unfortunately". They are keeping up with Deniz's conversation, but Nazli is trying to tell Ferit there is no relationship between them no matter what happened the night before and Ferit got the message loud and clear.

Nazli escapes to make some coffee and Ferit watches her leave with a look of disappointment on his face. Nazli picks up the conversation with herself in the kitchen and decides to act like nothing happened. Deniz joins her and presses her asking if she is okay. Deniz assumes she is talking about the Bulut situation but in reality, Nazli is really thinking about the previous night. After getting ready for work, Ferit joins them in the kitchen. Deniz hands him a cup of coffee before they head to the company. Ferit looks at Nazli but she does everything to avoid meeting his eyes. Finally, Deniz steps outside leaving Ferit and Nazli alone. Ferit starts to talk to Nazli but is interrupted by Deniz telling him to hurry up. Ferit leaves with Deniz before he and Nazli are able to exchange a word.

When they arrive and are in a meeting at the company, Ferit asks Deniz if Nazli has agreed to help him with the menu for his new bar. Deniz says she has agreed. Ferit then reminds him that Nazli is busy with her job and school. Perhaps he can help Deniz find another chef. Deniz will not be deterred and tells Ferit he wants Nazli. Deniz is obviously totally smitten with her.

Ferit and Engin remain in the conference room after the meeting. Meanwhile, across town, Fatos and Nazli are together in Ferit's kitchen. Both the men and women talk about how they will handle their respective relationships going forward. Ferit's approach to his new relationship with Nazli is to come at it like he would a business deal. View it from an analytical angle, check all the possibilities, and then decide on a plan of action. Nazli looks at it like she would a recipe. Like how much water to add to rice. Too much makes it watery; too little makes it pasty. Either way, it would be ruined. Finally, Nazli admits that her heart and mind are not saying the same thing.

Ferit tells Engin that his mind is telling him to be calm. But when Engin asks what his heart is telling him, Ferit replies in Japanese. Then he tells Engin he will translate it for him when the time comes. Ferit then says he is going home.

Ferit arrives home to find Nazli with the police at his house. Bulut has run away. The police have come to Ferit's home at Hakan's request to see if Ferit has kidnapped the boy. Ferit is livid and starts to yell at Nazli for not calling him right away. The detective in charge tells Ferit that they requested that Nazli not call him. Nazli and Ferit are questions about where they were the night before. Exchanging chagrined looks, Nazli lies and says she was home with her sister and a friend. Ferit answers that he was home alone. The police leave and Ferit thinks he has figured out where Bulut would go.

Ferit and Nazli arrive at Bulut's parent's house to find Bulut sound asleep in his old bed. They decide to let him sleep and sit down in the living room. Ferit reminisces about the good times they spent there and the love that filled it. Sitting next to her, Ferit asks Nazli if she has ever been in love. Nazli recounts a story of liking a boy in grade school who instead liked Fatos. When she asks Ferit the same question, he says yes but none were long lasting. Some had lasted for a few days and others a few weeks, but he does not really even remember. He looks at Nazli and tells her he is waiting for the love that he will remember for his whole life.

Starting to feel nervous, Nazli gets up and moves away to sit on another chair. She remarks that "Maybe people should take notes to help them remember where they met, where they went on their first date..." Ferit interrupts her and asks, "What about feelings? Should you make notes about those or should you just live in the moment?" Starting to feel uncomfortable again, Nazli replies to Ferit saying, "Actually this point is complicated. It depends on the person." She compares herself to Ferit saying that, on her part, she gets overwhelmed and excited, whereas Ferit remains very self-controlled. Then he brings up the night before and Nazli nervously laughs explaining that they drank too much and fell asleep, and she really doesn't remember anything. Ferit looks at her with an obvious question on his mind and asks, "You don't remember?" Nazli lies and says she doesn't.

Knowing Nazli is lying, Ferit recounts the evening for her. "We were both sad after the court's decision and you came over to support me." Nazli replied, "Yes, I came but I don't remember anything else after that." To cover her nervousness, she continues to ramble on saying, "My mother said if you don't remember something, it means that it wasn't that important." Ferit gets up from the couch and moves over to Nazli's chair. He sits down on the table in front of it so he can face her and offers to help her remember. Leaning closer to her, Ferit says," You came and you sat next to me. We drank together and you listened to my problems." Then right at this moment, Bulut has waked up and walks into the room, saving Nazli and ending the conversation with Ferit that was becoming increasingly personal and uncomfortable for Nazli.

When she sees him, Nazli jumps up and hugs Bulut. He tells Nazli she feels very hot. Is she sick? Ferit shoots Nazli an amused look as she tells Bulut that she is not sick; it's just hot in the house.

After a heated argument, the episode closes with them taking Bulut back to Demet and Hakan's house.

******** 

This episode guide is written and inspired by the characters of the "Dolunay" series. All photos, videos and characters belong to their rightful owners.

Written exclusively for Can Yaman International by Sue Croft.

Edited by Mary Bloyd, Resident Editor for Can Yaman International.