So Not Fair - Marc-Andre Fleury

"You still want to do dinner after the game?" Marc-Andre asked as I collected pucks around the net during warmups

We had an early game and had made plans to have dinner together after since we both knew we would be hungry, plus we enjoyed each other's company. He was my closest friend on the team, actually he was my closest friend period.

"Oh definitely, you pick the place" tapped his pads with my stick and skated away before he could oppose.

We always argued about who would pick the place to eat. It was kind of adorable.

The game went well, the Golden Knights won and better yet Flower had a shut out. I knew he was going to be in a good mood after the win so I knew it was going to be a good night.

"You ready?" He asked approaching me as I finished throwing my hair up in a bun.

"Definitely, did you pick a place?" I asked with a smirk.

He always had a hard time picking a place to eat.

"Figured it out in two seconds" he smiled proudly.

"For real?" I looked at him confused.

"Yep, your place" he smirked.

"My place?" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"Your place, want to know the best part?"

"I don't know, do I?" I asked cautiously.

"I picked the place, you pick where we get food from" he grinned.

"That's not fair at all" I protested.

"Sure it is. I picked the place, my job is done"

"So not fair" I shook my head.

How he turned this around on me I would never know, but I gave into his little game. The triumphant look on his face was too adorable to say no to.

"Here, let me" Flower took the keys from my hand and opened the door for me.

"Thank you" I smiled as I walked past him and took the food out of his hands.

I started plating the food in the kitchen when Marc-Andre stood across the counter from me.

"I'm going to get out of these clothes quickly then I'll be back to help" he tapped the counter.

"Take your time everything's under control" I called out to him as he ran to the back room.

We had always kept clothes at each other's places for situations exactly like these.

"Alright, what can I do?" Flower walked back in the kitchen in his sweats.

"Nothing" I smiled at him. "I finished this I just need to get us some drinks and then I'll change real fast"

"Go change" he rubbed his hands on my arms. "I'll get us drinks"