One Last Chance - Travis Konecny

I sat in the living room on the couch watching tv and trying my best to stay calm

I sat in the living room on the couch watching tv and trying my best to stay calm. I kept checking the clock. With every minute that went by I got more nervous and angry all at the same time.

I was nervous because Travis should have been home hours ago and I was worried something may have happened to him and he wasn't answering his phone. I was angry because I knew he was probably fine and just went out again after the game and was ignoring his phone.

One night. One night was all I wanted. Just one night. One night where he wasn't Travis Konecny the hockey star but Travis Konecny my boyfriend.

Well into the night I heard the key in the front door and the doorknob slowly turn. I turned towards the front door as it slowly opened.

"Oh, you're still awake" Travis said opening the door and stepping through.

"Of course I am, I was worried about you. It's late and you weren't answering your phone" I crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry baby, my phone died." He explained moving to give me a quick kiss.

"You couldn't borrow someone's to let me know what you were doing so I wouldn't worry?"

"I didn't think it was that big of a deal" he shrugged sitting next to me "I figured you'd be asleep anyways"

"Did you go to the bar after the game?" I asked him eyeing him.

"Well yeah I mean, the guys wanted to celebrate. How did you know we went to a bar?" He asked suspiciously.

"I can taste it on you" I explained emotionlessly.

"Oh, sorry. Next time I'll borrow someone's phone and let you know I'm ok" he smiled.

"That's not even what I'm the most mad about Travis. We were supposed to have some us time after the game, especially because I couldn't make it to your game because of work"

"Oh I forgot we said we would do something tonight" he said putting his head in his hands.

"That seems to be happening a lot lately" I mumbled.

"Y/N, I have so much going on I can't remember everything" he started with a small rise in volume to his voice.

"I get that your busy, Travis, but just once it would be nice for you to remember that you have a girlfriend" I matched his tone.

"What are you even talking about?" He yelled before running his hands through his hair. He was clearly frustrated, but I was too.

"I'm talking about us, Travis. All I want is one night with my boyfriend to just be with my boyfriend but apparently that's too much to ask for now" I yelled getting up from the couch and grabbing my keys.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked confused jumping up to stand in front of me.

"I'm not sure yet, but I can't be here right now" I said trying to move around him.

"Come on, Y/N don't leave. It's the middle of the night that's not safe"

"Like it matters? I barely get to see you anymore as it is and any free time you have is spent at the bar. You've made your priorities very clear" I went to move him again but he caught hold of my wrist.

"Is that what you think? That you're not a priority?" He looked at me seriously.

"It's definitely how I feel. Most of the time it's like I'm not even here, like I don't exist so what's the point in doing this anymore?" I shocked myself.

I had managed to keep my feelings so wrapped up that I didn't even realize I was hiding them from myself.

"Because I love you baby" he place a gentle hand on my cheek.

"Saying it and showing it are two completely different things" I said with a sniffle, I was dangerously close to bursting into tears.

"Do you regret it?" He asked me cautiously.

"Regret what?" I looked up to him with tear filled eyes.

"Us"

I took a deep breath. I wasn't prepared for that.

"Of course not, I love you Travis...I just sometimes feel like you're not as invested in us as I am"

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt this way, I'll make sure we spend more time together. I'll make sure you know that I'm all in with this relationship" he rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

"Again saying it and showing it are two very different things"

"I'll show you I promise" he pulled me close. "One last chance, that's all I need. This will never happen again. You're one of the most important things in my life and I'm not losing you because I was being stupid"

"Travis-"

"Please" he cut me off.

He looked small, helpless. I had never thought about leaving, it was something spur of the moment that I chose to do because I couldn't be in that room anymore.

I never wanted to leave him but I knew I needed to distance myself from him and the situation at the time, but now things seemed different. There was a noticeable shift in the atmosphere in the room.

I reached up, wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me for a hug. Feeling him relax in my arms before wrapping his arms around my middle gave me a sense of peace. I didn't know if we would be able to fix us, but I did know we were going to try our hardest to attempt to.

"One last chance" I mumbled with my face buried in his shoulder.

"One last chance, that's all I need. I'm not losing you" he pulled away to look into my eyes.

"Then prove it" I looked at him seriously.

"I'll spend the rest of my life proving it, just watch" he smiled pulling my lips to his.

Requested by: @crybaby-crosby

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️