With All My Heart - Mitch Marner

Things with Kevin had been ok

Things with Kevin had been ok. They were never great but they had been ok more recently. He had a tendency to get mad a little too easily and a little too quickly for my liking.

He hadn't been too bad in the recent weeks and I was never sure if that meant I got a well deserved break or if we were in the eye of the storm. I walked on eggshells with him constantly and every second could be the last peaceful second I would get that day.

My life felt like it had turned into a balance scale. The good and the bad were balanced, but at any minute bad weight could be added and the whole scale would tip to the bad side.

I should have known it wasn't a rare moment of solace but rather the calm before the storm that inevitably hit. This storm hit hard and so did he for that matter. His words hit me in the heart and messed with my brain. I knew he was just trying to be hurtful, but I couldn't just tell myself that. In my head everything he was throwing at me was true, every single put down due to his rage.

It was when I felt his hand wrap around my wrist and squeeze when I realized I had had enough. I grabbed my keys and purse and left with only what was in my purse and the clothes on my back.

Once in my car and a good distance away I realized I didn't know where I was going. All I knew was that I needed to get as far away from Kevin as possible. I found myself traveling in the direction of Mitch's place.

Mitch was always so good to me. He always took care of me, comforted me and stood up for me when I needed it. I always felt terrible going to him with my problems but he was the only one I found myself wanting to be with in that moment. He was my comfort.

I swallowed my guilt over involving Mitch and headed to his place anyways. I needed the warmth and stability he always offered. He was one of the best people I've ever known and if I'm being completely honest, if he had any interest in me other than as a friend there would have been no Kevin.

"Y/N? Hey! It's good to see you" he started as I frantically grabbed him in a tight hug. "Is everything ok? Are you ok?" He asked worried, me still in his arms.

"I'm not sure" I answered honestly.

"Come in" he said sympathetically as he cradled me inside and shut the door.

"What's wrong?" He finally said once we were seated on his couch.

"I'm done, I can't do this anymore" I held in my sobs as I rubbed away the few tears that managed to escape my eyes.

"Done? With what?" He asked confused.

"Kevin, I just can't Mitch I'm not happy" I looked at him sadly.

"You broke up with him?" His whole demeanor changed with that question.

"No, not yet but I can't be with him anymore"

"Y/N-" Mitch started but stopped when he grabbed my wrist gently to bring my hand to his and I winced in pain.

"Sorry, it's just sore" I explained.

"Did he...did he hurt you?" I saw his jaw clench and his muscles tense. He wasn't happy.

"It's not a big deal Mi-" I spoke until he cut me off.

"Not a big deal? It's a huge deal, Y/N" he gently took my hand in his being careful of my wrist. "How could he hurt you? How could I have let him hurt you?" He rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand so soft it was like he was afraid of breaking me.

"This is not your fault at all. I was just stupid and he's just a bad guy Mitch" I laid my free hand on his leg.

"You're not stupid, you just trusted him. You're supposed to trust your boyfriend with your heart and with your body and he let you down...I let you down" he stared at my wrist still ever so gently rubbing his thumb along it.

"You have never let me down" he still stared at my wrist. "Look at me Mitch" He slowly brought his eyes up to meet mine. "None of this is your fault"

"Does it hurt?" He asked softly.

"A little, yeah" I replied honestly.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be, seeing you has been the only bright spot of my day" I said honestly.

"Mine too" he confessed maintaining eye contact with me for only a few seconds before he nervously looked away.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? I can make you something?" he asked soothingly.

I looked at him for a quick second before tears started pouring out of me. In all the craziness of the day I had just stopped to realize that I hadn't eaten anything all day and Mitch was, once again, taking care of me in every way possible.

"Hey, hey" he took my face in both of his hands. "Look at me, everything's fine. You're here with me now ok? You don't have to go back to him, you can stay here with me"

I focused on Mitch and brought myself down rather quickly. We sat and stared at each other for a good ten seconds before we both quickly leaned forward and brought our lips to meet each others.

I wasn't sure if it was the adrenaline from what had happened earlier in the day or the fact that I knew my heart always truly belonged to him but I found the courage to finally go after what I've always wanted.

He reacted quickly, placing a hand in my hair behind my head holding me in place while he deepened the kiss. I started melting into him before he quickly pulled away.

"Y/N" he took a deep breath.

Uh oh.

"I'm sorry" I moved to get up off the couch.

"No, stop" he gently grabbed at my good arm bringing me back to my original position. "It's just that...I don't want to just be your rebound" he finally looked up at me with sad eyes.

"My rebound?" He honestly seemed like he had no idea he was and always has been my first choice. "Mitch" I took a deep breath trying to find the correct words. "You were always it for me, you're still it for me. It's fine if you don't feel anything here, but I couldn't hold that in any longer. You're the only guy I really trust with my heart, with my body, with everything" I looked up at him.

A smile slowly spread on his face before he leaned forward and caught my lips in a slow sweet kiss.

"You were always it for me too, you know" he spoke quickly, his face still close enough I could feel his breath.

"I was?"

He nodded with a smile on his face.

"I would never hurt you, I will never hurt you. I promise" he ran his thumb over my cheek.

"I know you won't" I smiled.

"You really trust me?" He looked at me seriously.

"With all my heart" I pecked his lips quickly. "Do you trust me?" I looked at him cautiously.

"With all my heart"

Requested by: @bebegirll

Thanks for requesting!!! 💙🤍💙🤍💙