Perfect - Jake DeBrusk

"Will you stop pacing? It's making me nervous" I spoke to Jake as he walked past me once again

"You're not already nervous?!" He half yelled.

I found his uneasiness adorable. I would have found it even more adorable if I wasn't nine months pregnant, about to give birth and completely uncomfortable.

"Come here, sit down" I patted the empty spot on the bed next to me.

Jake followed my request and took a seat.

"Listen" I started taking one of his hands in both of mine. "Everything's going to be fine, we have great doctors and nurses. Before you know it, we'll be meeting our little girl" I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I just want this birth part to be over, I want you to be fine I want her to be fine and-"

"And we will be fine" I finished his sentence cutting him off. "Trust me"

He leaned forward and gave me a gentle, loving kiss just as the nurse walked in.

"Alright, let's see how you're coming along" she smiled at us as she checked. "Looks like you're ready"

"I'm ready?" I questioned. Now I was getting nervous.

"I'm going to go get the doctor. Mommy, daddy, prepare to meet your daughter" she grinned as she left the room.

Everything from that point on seemed to be one big blur. The next thing I knew the doctor was handing Jake our daughter.

"She's perfect, absolutely perfect" he smiled with tears forming in his eyes. "You're perfect" he looked lovingly at the little human in his arms. "And you're perfect" he kissed my lips first then my forehead.

He let the nurses clean her up and wrap her in a blanket before handing her back to Jake.

"She's so beautiful, she gets that from you you know?" He smirked at me. "I love you" he kissed me again quickly.

"I love you too" I couldn't help but smile.

"And I love you and I always will love you forever and ever, even if you hate me" he spoke softly to our baby.

"She's not going to hate you, don't say that" I giggled reaching out for her.

"It's still my turn"

"Jake, baby, let me hold her" I reached out again.

"But-" he started sadly.

"I'll give her back, I just want to hold her for a little." I laughed at how much he loved her.

"You got to hold her for nine months" he defended.

"That's not a good argument for you, honey" I giggled.

He finally gently laid her in my arms as he sat on the bed next to me.

"Isn't she beautiful?" He rubbed the top of her head.

"The most beautiful thing I've ever seen" I smiled up at Jake kissing his cheek.

The next day Jake ran out to get us food while our daughter sat in my arms. I could never get enough of her, I could never get enough of Jake. Like father like daughter, they both owned my heart.

"I got a little of everything you liked" Jake explained walking in with bags from all my favorite restaurants.

"I couldn't love you more" I joked as Jake took the baby from me and settled on the bed. "I'm going to use the bathroom before we eat." I explained getting up.

Since giving birth, a simple task like using the bathroom became a process. By the time I was done I heard Jake softly talking to our daughter. I thought about it a few times before staying still and listening to what he was saying.

"And your mommy? Your daddy is lucky to have your mommy, she's amazing. You got the best mommy in the world, she's going to love you so much and she's always going to be there for you. Mommy and daddy love you more than anything else." He rubbed her belly gently.

I didn't know if it was the hormones still kicking in or what but hearing him talk brought tears to my eyes. I quickly wiped them away before walking out of the bathroom.

Right as we were done eating and we got the baby settled in my arms with Jake's arms around me the door opened.

"How are we doing?" One of the nurses walked in with a smile.

"Amazing" Jake smiled at her.

"Do we have a name?" She asked questioningly.

"We did but I don't think it's good enough for her now" he chuckled making me laugh.

"So not Elizabeth then?" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"What name means perfect? Because she's perfect"

"Kamilla" another nurse said walking into the room bringing both of our attention to her. "I like to research names a lot" she smiled as she started setting up to take vitals.

"Kamilla, I like it" I looked at Jake for a reaction.

"Me too" he smiled.

"Kamilla DeBrusk" I rubbed her cheek softly.

"It's perfect" we both said at the same time with a smile.

Requested by: @gamergirlT456

Thank you for requesting, I hope you like it! ❤️❤️❤️