Epilogue

Haal-e-dil ye dekhta tu ja
Yaar-e man , Yaar-e-man aa

حال دل یہ دیکھتا تو جا
یار من ، یار من آ
_____________________________________________

A very angry Wareen was pacing inside her bedroom. Hands wrapped around her chest. Hair flowing as she stomped angrily. Wearing powder pink kurti and matching trousers. Dupatta thrown on the bed. Bangles clanking as she moved. Twinkling of the golden payal in her ankle. The same payal which Asad gifted her on their wedding night well technically the next morning.

The same day appeared in her mind making her forget the task at hand like always.

_____________________________________________

The Sun peeked through the slightly opened curtain kissing every corner of the room. The sweet fragnance of flowers still lingering inside the room. Every petal woke at the beaming morning except the two figures wrapped in each other's arms sleeping like logs.

The Alarm rang making Wareen stir in her sleep. Opening her eyes she came across someone's chest. Groggily pulling away she choked on her saliva at the source of warmth. A very handsome Asad was sleeping beside her well technically under her as she was practically sleeping on his chest. His hand searched for her in his sleep and she giggled.

Wareen propped up on her elbow and stared down at her husband.

Another series of giggles escaped her lips at the word 'husband'

Asad tried to open his eyes but a pair of small hands were placed on his eyes before he could react a soft kiss was bestowed by his wife making him shocked.

The patter of feet brought him out of his trance as he sat up only to see the ends of her hair as she laughed and closed the bathroom door after her.

He shook his head at her and laid down again with a stupid smile on his face. Turning on his side he placed his head on her pillow inhaling her scent. Closing his eyes he once again dozed off with a small smile on his face.

After that little stunt she played in the morning she was extremely cautious of his actions. She knew he will replay her acts but this time with the lead. But as she watched him sleeping again she blew a sigh of relief and cuddled close to him as she slept peacefully in his arms once again.

It was 10 in the morning when she woke up again. Sitting up she noticed his side of the bed empty and cold. As she stepped foot on the carpeted floor a jingle heard. She frowned and looked down only to gasp at the sight of beautiful payal(anklet) wrapped on her ankle.

A small smile adorned her features as she traced her finger on the beautiful payal. A note was placed on her nightstand. As she read it a tear rolled down her cheeks at the love oozing out of each word he has written.

'A beautiful gift for someone more precious and more beautiful. You deserve a man who will give you every happiness in this word my sweet janum and i promise you that i'll try to be that man for you. I'll never make you regret your decision of choosing me as your life partner. I'll be the best husband to you and if my Allah allows me then one day the best father too.

Wipe your tears Wareen because i can't bear them.

I love you
Your only husband'

_____________________________________________

Coming back from her thoughts she dialed his number again but once again no answer.

'Ab bohat hogaya'

Angrily she marched outside of her room mumbling how she'll kill him once he arrives.