Jan-e-Tamanna《3》

Karo phir se waada kabhi na phir bicharne ka
Tumhain kya farq parta hai lo phir se mukar jana
کرو پھر سے وعدہ کبھی نہ پھر بچھڑنے کا                     تمہیں کیا فرق پڑتا ہے لو پھر سے مکر جانا

_______________________________________

The blissful sound of Azan woke her up from her slumber and Zarmeenay wrapped her shawl around her shoulders. She went inside the bathroom and performed wudu. Walking out of the bathroom she placed the prayer mat and started her namaz. Raising her hands towards the sky she closed her eyes and prayed. But this time. It wasn't for her happiness. It was for Sikandar. For his life.

It was yet another day, another dua for his life made by her. Its been 3 years since that night when she got married. The night in which she legally and rightfully became someone's bride.

Everything was same. Guests were same. Decorations were just like how they wanted but only one thing was missing. Or should we say one person was missing. Who was supposed to be the Dulha that night wasn't there.

Before falling into coma, a broken Sikandar forced his brother to make a promise with him. A promise to always protect his meenay. To give her his protection. To give her his name. Murtaza's name.

That was the same night when Murtaza Jalal Khan shed tears infront of his brother holding his hand begging him to fight and protect his meenay himself. But Sikandar only smiled and closed his eyes for a life long wait.

Zarmeenay became Zarmeenay Murtaza Khan that night. She had his name. She had his room. But little did she know. She also had his heart.

Murtaza rolled over and sat up

Murtaza rolled over and sat up. His gaze went to the other side of the bed which was empty. Frowning he stood up and saw his beautiful wife praying. He also walked towards the bathroom to perform wudu for his prayer.

Throughout these three years it was really difficult for both of them to get through their heads that they are husband and wife now.

Zarmeenay never thought in her whole life that Murtaza will be her husband. She will be his wife. The thought of living with him. Sharing a room with him frightened her.

Picking up her prayer mat she walked towards the balcony for fresh air. A cool breeze sent a shiver down her spine and she wrapped her arms around herself. Last night's conversation with Aya Jan( House maid) echoed inside her mind.

"Zarmeenay bibi why are you wearing this dull colour?" She asked frowning at the young girl.

Zarmeenay looked at her confused" what do you mean Aya Jan?"

Aya jan Smiled lightly before replying" Bibi you have been married for three years now. We know in which circumstances it all happened but it was neither your fault nor Murtaza sahab's fault. "