Avalanche of Feelings (13)

After hanging up, I went back to the cinema and apologized to Gusion for leaving in the middle of the movie. He didn't ask anything and simply told me to go.

I ran outside the mall and took a cab to go to the airport, hoping that I'd still be able to see Hanzo before he leaves. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

However, he didn't even answer. I dialed again but this time, I can no longer reach him. He probably turned off his phone.

"Can we please go faster? It's urgent," I asked the cab driver.

My voice broke that the driver looked at me with a worried look in the mirror. I covered my face with both hands because I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

The breaking of my voice became a trigger for my tears to continue streaming down my cheeks. I... I... What did I ever do to deserve this kind of treatment from Hanzo? I may be a brat but I didn't do anything that'd really upset him for real.

"Young miss, tissue," the cab driver offered which I gladly accepted.

The engine of the cab became quiet as my sobs took over my hearing. I felt so pathetic, crying over someone who I shouldn't have loved romantically in the very first place. If I think of it more, the one to blame for this was no one else but me. I was the one who fell in love with him and along the way, I somehow started to expect him to return those feelings. It shouldn't be like this.

When we reached the airport, I immediately stepped out of the cab and was about to run to the entrance, however, my mom and aunt greeted me at the exit.

"Where's Hanzo?" I asked.

"His plane already departed just a few minutes ago," my mother replied.

My aunt left the airport first because she needed to take care of some things, leaving me and my mother alone.

"Mom," I cried.

She was puzzled though. Still, she opened her arms and hugged me as I cry my heart out. Damn it! Damn it!

I couldn't even control myself especially when I felt my mother caressing my hair. It was as if she knew my pain and combing my hair was all she could offer.

I wasn't able to say a proper goodbye to that damn bastard! He left without saying anything to me, he lied about his real departure and even pushed me on a date with someone else. What a perfect scheme he had come up with!

After my drama in front of my mother, we went straight home. Mother never asked why I suddenly cried, she was just acting normal as if nothing happened.

I headed to my room and flopped on my bed lifelessly. I cried a lot and it made me scoff at how pathetic I was. I opened my laptop and created an e-mail just for the guy who left without saying goodbye.

"Hey, I hope you're happy that your plan of deceiving me and stopping me from seeing you off succeeded without any problem. I don't know why you have to go such length just to leave without even saying bye to me but I'll let it slide.

Even then, I want to tell you something that I had kept for so long. We're cousins, I know that very well, but along the way, I fell for you. Seriously. Laugh at me all you want but this will be the first and last time I say that I love you.

That last call you didn't answer told me that I am nothing to you. I am no woman in your eyes, not even a cousin whom you could treat as a family. Still, I won't hold any grudge against you.

I may be selfish for telling you this but it's how I feel. Now that you're going on the other side of the earth, I'll pray that you'll do well and achieve your dreams."

Typing the things I had in mind, I was feeling tired and drained. I pressed the 'Send' button and hoped that he'd read it.

"This is the first and last time I'll say I love you," I mumbled to myself.

It may not be easy but even just a few little steps, I hope that time will come wherein my feelings towards him will cease to exist.