Avalanche of Feelings (17)

After punching him, I felt satisfied but I came to a stop when I held the doorknob of our room.

I just realized... I wasn't supposed to be here for a while. I was about to head back to the lobby but I almost choked out my heart when Hanzo appeared before me as I faced to my right.

I stared daggers at him and crossed my arms while raising an eyebrow.

"You want another punch?" I asked.

I took a few steps back and held my knuckles to prepare for another punch just for him.

"I hit you on the left, right? Imma land a punch on your right to make the pain even. C'mon, I'm all set," I added.

Just before I could truly punch him, he asked me an unexpected question that made me froze for a while.

"Would you like to eat dinner with me?" he asked.

I looked at him for a while, waiting for him to say that he was joking but he never said it.

"I'll listen to what you have to say so have dinner with me," he added.

I don't really know what was going on in his head but it seemed like it was him who had something to say to me. With my curiosity taking over me,  I agreed with his offer.

We walked for a couple of minutes before we entered a rather high class-looking restaurant. I'm a working grown-up but can I afford a meal here?

After we took our orders, I felt awkward so I just rummaged my phone and texted my colleagues that I was out to have dinner.

"So how are you?" Hanzo asked to start our conversation.

I set my phone aside and faced him.

"I'm doing great as you can see. How about you?" I asked in return.

"Great as well."

There was an awkward silence afterward. Can't he initiate to continue the conversation? He was the one who invited me here so he had to have something to say.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the matter involving my adoptive mother," he said.

I stared at him and wanted to ask why he needed to do that. I mean, he could still come here to Finland without cutting his ties with my aunt. There had to be another reason, right?

"Is that the only thing you're sorry for?" I asked. I know I also need to hear his reasons but my annoyed self was just out of control today. I even raised an eyebrow at him.

I mean, I was not yet over the fact that he left without even saying goodbye to me. I was still holding a grudge against him because of that. He may not be obliged to do so because he ain't my lover but can't he say it as my cousin? But he never did that and I hate it!

I thought he was going to apologize but he simply smirked before taking a sip from his glass of wine.

Before I could hear some answers from him, our orders arrived so I simply focused my attention on the food. Expecting him to answer me with comprehensible reasons would only make my blood boil. If he had no plans on giving me any reason, then I won't ask for him to give me one.

I didn't want to look desperate. I didn't want it to look like I was the one pathetically chasing after him.

"When will you return to Japan?" he suddenly asked.

"Five days from now," I simply replied.

In the middle of our conversation, my phone rang and it was Gusion so I immediately answered.

"Is something the matter?" I asked him. I excused myself so I could speak with him more comfortably, however, before I could even stand from my seat, Hanzo grabbed my phone.

"Can you please wait for a while? I'm not yet done talking to her," he told Gusion before ending the call.

I snatched my phone away from him and glared at him.

"Stop meddling in other people's business," I hissed and was about to walk away but he took ahold of my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"I said, I'm not done talking to you yet."

His voice was stern and he was in the state wherein he couldn't waver. I pushed him away and before he could even do anything, my palm found its way to slap him right on his cheek.

"Don't expect me to just go along with whatever you wanted. I don't care if you ain't done talking to me. Tell me, Hanzo, do you think you have the right to do this after what you have done? You left without even saying anything from me. You made decisions without telling me."

I took a step forward and pointed my finger at him. I was just so mad that my mouth kept on saying what I had in mind for a long time.

"You made me feel that I was no significant person in your life. What now? You're going to tell me everything you wanted and then what? You're going to walk away from me after you did what you wanted to? Damn you, Hanzo!"

I hit him on his chest before leaving. I took a deep breath upon leaving the suffocating restaurant. This is just the first day and it was more than tiring.

"Wait, listen to me."

Hanzo grabbed me by the hand and I was about to give him yet another earful of hate, I felt someone's arm around my shoulder.

"I don't really like it when another guy touches my fiancee."

It was Gusion and they were staring at each other with so much intensity.

Why does it feel like I'm in some sort of shoujo manga?