Birth of the Twilight Goddess 1

The people experience the glorious beauty of the day as Helios, the god of the sun, rides his chariot to give light.

They also experience the serene beauty of night as Selene, the goddess of the moon, flaunts the beauty of her most treasured moon.

But two things remain a mystery to the people who witness the two opposite beauties; How did the day and night come into existence? And how did the twilight come to be?

Little did they know that everything started at the gathering of all gods hosted by Zeus.

"Enjoying the night?" Nyx asked in a whisper with her flirty tone. Her hand snaking its way around the muscled build of Helios.

"I ain't in the mood to flirt with you, Nyx." Helios brushed her off, taking her hand away from him and keeping a distance away from her. This ticked off the goddess of night, she clicked her tongue while shooting a glare at him before stomping away.

Helios' eyes wandered around, not giving much attention to those familiar faces. His attention darted on a younger god who came flopping his head on the table.

He rolled his eyes upon seeing that it was Apollo, the god who shall take over his job someday, well that was according to the prophecy.

"Hey, Helios, you are now an old man so I bet you know how to capture Selene's heart," he stated as if they are goody-good friends. He shrugged as a response.

"Never saw her before," was his simple reply. It sounded unbelievable to the young god which made him scoff in disbelief.

"You have been living for more than a thousand years and you are telling me that? Absurdity!"

Chomping on the ambrosia, Helios stared at him, suppressing his power to barbecue the insolent Apollo glaring at him as if they were of the same rank.

"That is quite true, though," Selene intervened, a smirk curved on the edge of her lips as she seats beside the sun god. Her dark hair was let loose behind her and a crescent moon shape of hair clip kept the locks of her hair behind her ear from flowing to the front.

"Selene," Apollo mumbled, his eyes shining in splendor as he stared at her. Before another word escaped his mouth, a yelp came out instead as a woman with braided her just stepped in and tugged at his ear. A bow and set of arrows were positioned behind her.

"Ow, ow, ow! What is the big deal, Artemis?" he complained.

"You deserve a beating from me for seducing one of my warriors!" Artemis yelled at him as she dragged him away from the gathering.

"It's a rare sight of you attending a gathering," Helios stated, offering an ambrosia at the moon goddess which made Selene smile, cold yet beautiful.

Eating the ambrosia on his hand, Selene took the courage to at least make the sun god be stunned by her own beauty. Such action did make Helios freeze for a while but he managed to get himself together.

"Is it wrong of me to think you are into me, moon goddess?" he asked, a smirk plastered on his face and his chin resting at the back of his hand leaning on the table with his golden eyes staring at Selene's silver ones.

Acting out from her comfort zone, Selene leaned closer to him and whispered, "Take a guess, sun god."

With his hand that held countless women, Helios pulled Selene closer. It is their first meeting and it thrilled him, what would the moon goddess tastes like, the goddess who never once loved?

Without saying another word, he pulled her closer until the gap between them is closed. He kissed her, gentle at first yet torrid as he deepens it.

Selene got caught up with the sun god's direct seduction, his kisses felt like an addicting alcohol, intoxicating and making her fall in an instant. And to have a bit of privacy, Helios transported the two of them back in his palace, a quiet place perfect for the night.

After that passionate night, love bloomed between them. It made Selene happy to be able to make the man she admired fall for her... Or so she thought.

After that night of making love, Selene had hoped that Helios would stop flirting with the other goddesses but he didn't. It disappointed her and had her hopes crushed.

"From now on, the moon and sun shall never shine together! There shall be day and night! Never! Never shall there be a time for the moon and sun to ever be together again!"

Selene's words echoed throughout Olympus and as a goddess, the sky roared in thunder as if hearing the fury of the goddess. Though it became a great issue in Olympus, the words of the moon goddess became true; separating the sun and moon. Letting them shine on different times and no matter how fast Helios run after Selene, he would never catch up to her.

"You are such a lucky star, Persephone," Selene stated while having a work break in Persephone's garden. Her eyes looked at the horizon with the sun setting, a signal that Helios' work is coming to an end.

"Hades has his eyes only for you," she added to her statement before a bitter smile slowly carved on her lips.

"You sound like a brokenhearted damsel, Selene," Persephone giggled and just like her, she also set her eyes at the distant horizon.

"The way you speak tells me that your love has fallen," she added, holding her hand for comfort. The goddess of the moon closed her eyes as the truth dawned on her all over again. How could she be so foolish to think that Helios would be faithful to her?

"I would not be surprised if one day, I would find out that Hades is having an affair. Such unfaithfulness seem to run in the blood of Olympians. Such harsh truth is what I have accepted years ago especially that father had numerous affairs with other gods and even with the humans."

Selene knew that fact as well and it was truly stupid of her to think that Helios was different. She held her belly, brushing her hand over her tummy with a sad smile. What would be the future of her child?

"When you come out to the world, you shall live a prosperous life without the need of a god or a man. You shall not experience this bitter love."

Selene had not spoken a curse for her own child, but a protection from pain that is almost unbearable; a love that never bloomed in the very first place.