Chapter 1

Edwin

We still had a little over three hours until we landed at Dubai International Airport, and although I didn't have any panic or fears of flying and high altitude, I was a little nervous and irritated early this morning, and I couldn't explain it at all. Although I convinced myself that this journey came in handy, it did not diminish the tension that surrounded me at all.

On the one hand, I attributed it to the stress and strain of the last few days, as well as the countless nights spent in the office behind the desk, but on the other hand, a red light flashed in my head that something was wrong and I had to admit that my intuition she has never failed.

I rummaged unfocused in a pile of documents I had open on my computer, and for about a hundred times I was going through a folder with my personal notes on things that still needed to be resolved right after our arrival.

"Send me my assistant here," I asked my stewardess Becky, who brought me coffee because Claire and I needed to review the last details of our work schedule.

Claire has worked for me for five years. She started as an intern, but thanks to her diligence and hard work, she worked out and enrolled surprisingly well in a short time. Her organization, ambition and intelligence really made my life easier, and in many ways I could absolutely rely on her.

She was incredibly ambitious and nothing will stop her on her career path. I would not doubt for a moment that it would go a long way and that he would also consider starting his own company.

The only thing that bothered me about Claire was how she always tried to impress me and get me to bed. It really got on my nerves, so I sometimes tried to avoid it. But I had to admit that she was doing a hundred and twenty percent job, and that's why I kept her close to my body.

"She's still asleep, sir," Becky smiled at me from the door of my private cabin, which I used as both a bedroom and a study.

"Is she still asleep?" I was surprised. "Isn't she sick?" I looked at her frowningly. "She's always occupied the bathroom at a time like this."

Becky looked at me in astonishment. "Claire is not here. Is there any ...„ she broke the sentence and looked directly into my eyes with trembling breath. She was obviously embarrassed, and she'd rather run away from this room more easily. "There's another one of your secretaries," she finally failed to dispel my fears.

I immediately straightened in my chair. "What? How come Claire isn't here? "I felt a cold sweat overwhelm me." Why didn't anyone tell me? What the hell does that mean? Does everyone here do what they want? " I focused on Becky with not exactly the friendliest tone.

"I don't know, sir," she paled like a wall, looking confused. "She was brought to the plane and ... and when they loaded her luggage, we let her on the plane," she stammered in fright.

"And you just let a foreign woman on a plane?" I stared at her. "Without telling me?"

I jumped out of my chair, spilling coffee on the table, but paying no attention to it. I cursed angrily as Becky backed to the door in fright. I hurried out of the cabin around the stewart and headed for the living room, where an unknown girl was actually sleeping in one of the chairs.

As I looked at her, it was clear to me that this individual could not be my Claire, who was always sleek and wore elegant costumes from leading brands. Actually, I wouldn't let anyone in rags like that work for me.

I stopped right next to her and looked at her closely. She was wearing a wide or already well-pulled T-shirt of unidentifiable color, narrow light blue jeans and white sneakers. Her pale brown hair was pulled back into a sloppy bun on the top of her head, and the few strands that had fallen out of it rested on her face.