Chapter 8

Edwin

I developed a strong sense of duty, which was probably why I excelled so well in my profession. I denied everything that stood in my way, which was to lead me to the goal I set. I also avoided anything that might distract me unnecessarily, and women certainly were such a distraction, not excluding Mia.

I wondered why Mia wasn't actually married. She was beautiful after all, apparently she wasn't financially bad and had the temperament to tame every guy. It's just that they were the ones who avoided her, which wouldn't surprise me the least. She was like a little general in a skirt, which must have hindered the men.

I also wondered if those hips on her chest were really as strong as they seemed at first glance. Probably yes. I had a strong feeling that you could talk a lot of things with her in bed and if only in her. She must have been as passionate as she was explosive.

Doparoma. That alcohol probably already deprived me of the last remnants of my common sense. After all, Mia should be the last grandmother I should long for. And while we're at it, I shouldn't want her at all. Either way, it just kept driving me into rage and madness.

Even with the woman. I didn't understand how she could always achieve that I lost control of myself so quickly. I always boasted of my cold reactions to women until Mia stood in my way.

Was it supposed to be like a tax? And for what? God, why are you punishing me like that? This whole situation made me so upset that I wanted to laugh hysterically. Maybe it would help me at least release the pressure that gripped me from the inside.

"One more, please," I said to the bartender and ordered another glass of brandy.

I sat behind the bar and instead of paying attention to the local ladies, who did their best to get my attention, I kept looking at Mia in my mind. I couldn't deny that she wasn't beautiful. She was, I just didn't want to admit it from the very beginning because of the continuing anger against her. She was perfect but also quirky and had her faults. But who wouldn't have them?

Her open stubbornness must have been one of her mistakes, because she couldn't let go of anything if she felt she was at least a little right. Of course, stubbornness was also one of my strengths, but at least I knew how to guard the borders and I didn't fight like a lion, even if I knew I was right.

Her other mistake was rage, because she could get angry at every little thing and squat like a torch. I was opposite her, I knew how to tame my emotions and ...

"Don't you need company?" Interrupted my thoughts by the ringing voice of a woman sitting next to me.

I turned to her and glanced at her. She was a strikingly beautiful woman, of whom there was a resentment on this continent. She had a fascinating look, high cheekbones beautifying her thick lashes. Her straight, narrow nose and rounded chin seemed more pronounced than other women, but it was this distinctiveness that made her unmissable, but even when she looked at her, she didn't twitch in my pants, as has often happened to me in Mia's lately. Which, of course, I attributed to the lack of sex, but tonight, when I had a chance to catch up, it didn't do anything to me. And Mia was to blame for everything, because anger was still bubbling inside me, which prevented me from completely relaxing.

"I guess I won't be a good companion," I said, smiling politely. Anger hasn't darkened my brain yet enough to forget courtesy and courtly etiquette.

"Then I'm right here. I'll help you get out of this gloomy mood, "she blinked thickly with lashes.

I didn't care about her company any more than I did about Mina, but on the other hand, such a small and harmless distraction could only help me. "Would you like a drink?" I offered, waving at the bartender.