Chapter 14

Edwin

The closer the evening was, the more people came to the camp and it became fuller. After a demanding ride on an ATV, Mia and I took refuge in one of the tents to relax and strengthen ourselves.

Even now, I wanted to laugh at how Mia literally fell out of the cart and fell her ass straight into the sand. I didn't even realize that we were running dangerously fast across the wild desert to have a reason to go crazy like that. Even though she let me eat it properly, the ride was worth it.

The price of the evening program also included dinner, consisting of dozens of traditional Arabic dishes served buffet style. The selection was varied until the long tables bent under the pile of food. There was grilled meat and other grilled specialties, traditional couscous, vegetable salads, fruit, sweets, fresh shawarma, which I noticed Mia must have known well, because as soon as she noticed her, she reached for her. In fact, she reached for everything and took a little of each corner, until her plate reminded me of a bucket with leftovers from the other guests. But that I still paused at all, didn't I? Probably her mouse - you weren't just about drinking wine.

When I finally managed to pull her away from the buffet tables, we returned to our cozy tent. I dropped on one of the pillows and made myself comfortable. As a true gentleman, I waited until Mia also collapsed next to me and immediately started eating. I don't know about her, but I'm already starving.

The food was excellent with a typical distinctive taste of the Middle East. I wondered why I hadn't tried their typical cuisine for a long time, and why I always chose the traditional one. I actually knew that. I liked the usual things and I also liked to move in a familiar environment. I didn't like to take risks, but sometimes it wouldn't hurt me.

"Shouldn't you be a little tame?" I asked her when she returned for the second time with a fully loaded plate.

"Why?" She shouted at me, and though she tried to look touched, she still smiled happily at me.

"For example, so that you don't get scared of yourself when you put on a swimsuit," I said, but of course I meant it just for fun. And although her huge appetite pleasantly surprised me, it didn't offend me. On the contrary, I liked it to me when a woman was not ashamed to eat and did not follow every calorie she imprinted on herself.

She made a sour grimace, but it didn't deter her from eating. "She gets into a swimsuit just before the flight, and it's still a long way to the summer," she shrugged casually. "For example, I don't start fighting over extra pounds until after the Easter holidays," she added, biting into a chocolate cake with gusto without any remorse.

I was amused by her factual answer and I was pleasantly surprised that her statements still surprised me at all, because I should have got used to them in that long time, but it was probably impossible to get used to it.

With a full stomach, I felt tired, which made me feel even more intense. I'd rather roll over and sleep for a while. I had a terrible night behind me and I almost never slept. It wasn't a good idea to sleep with Mia in the same bed at all. When I suggested it, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to lie next to her and not be able to touch her. I was naive if I thought it would be easy to keep my desires under control and my hands near my body.

"I'd rather go for coffee," I shook my head, as if trying to shake thoughts of sleeping Mia.

"Just calm down," she squinted at me.

"I'll order a shisha, will you light it with me?" I asked her.

"I don't smoke," she replied as she finished the bite she had in her mouth. "But I'll like coffee," she added, shoving the last piece of cake into her mouth.