Chapter 15

Mia

I rubbed my sleepy eyes and squinted at the clock on my cell phone. It was almost nine and there was no sign of Edwin. The bed next to me was smudged and crumpled, indicating that he had to spend this night next to me as well. Since I did not register his presence at all, he had to be divinely careful not to wake me or touch me with even one toe.

I guess I witnessed the impossible. Or how else could Edwin's behavior be called? A guy who doesn't snarl for more than three weeks and is almost ten inches apart, an almost half-naked woman in bed and he won't even touch her? Just a guy with iron-like nerves.

How could he sleep so peacefully next to me? Normal, just like you. My own subconscious was screaming at me. I myself did not have a single credible argument in my own defense. After all, I didn't even have time to notice when you actually lay down next to me. Damn, but seriously now. Then, in an unexpected fiasco, I literally and literally fell off last night and fell asleep like a lumberjack.

But I guess it was good that we didn't meet this morning, because I wasn't at all sure if I could look him in the eye. Although I had the courage for three, today, as always, when I needed it, I lacked it. Remembering his number, which he told me yesterday, my neck and anger began to bubble again. I just can't forgive him for letting me lie on this bed all longing and wet. How could he bring me something like that?

By the way, another guy would jump for joy at getting untouched and intact goods. But Edwin? He froze like a rock at the word virgin and flew away from me as if I had said leprosy instead of virgin. Maybe even then he would react a little milder. I laughed dreamily.

Too bad I didn't really have a camera on hand. His shocked expression would be a hit on the internet. It seemed pretty dramatic for a while, because I already thought I was going to get a heart infection, but in the end, fortunately, he changed his mind and remembered. After all, who would just want to give up and get a heart attack at his age, right? But even so, he forced me to try to remember at least one emergency number instead of the sexual plots we could try.

After a pleasantly hot shower, which I indulged in, I sat down in a chair on the terrace and drank coffee. The sun was pleasantly warm and had a positive effect on my skin. Finally, I no longer looked like a miller's daughter or a well-baked crayfish, but I managed to achieve a nice golden hue.

Since all my thoughts kept coming back to Edwin, I was like one joint of nerves. I liked that he was so natural. Most of the men I knew tried to impress or impress me, and they were terribly artificial.

And although Edwin's masculine conceit irritated me, I suddenly felt good with him. I couldn't explain how it happened, but questions like how, like, in fact, were irrelevant now. Edwin was so amazing, attentive, friendly and ... and well, I rolled my eyes and I also had to admit that in the end he didn't treat me like a real gentleman, but rather a real hunch. I doubted I was going to break up so quickly.

But what was, was. It was too late to cry over the spilled milk. I rubbed my abdomen with my thumbs with my temples because my head ached from thinking so much. The guy wasn't worth it to me. He didn't even have the decency to apologize to me for the misunderstanding.

Misunderstanding? God, what am I shaking! I had nothing to be ashamed of. Being a virgin was not a sin after all! And that Edwin didn't like it wasn't my problem.

Angrily, I got up from the couch and pulled on my three-quarter pants and fell out of the apartment. I suspected that if I stayed in it for even a minute longer, I would probably go crazy, all for Edwin again. That guy was my curse.

I walked around the hotel to the promenade, which I already knew well, and headed to The Dubai Mall, which should have the entrance to the tallest and most famous building in the world. Although I read a lot about it on the Internet, its size surprised me anyway. It didn't look like a classic shopping mall, but rather it came to me as a small town. It immediately occurred to me that they probably didn't do anything here in Dubai.