9 - Street Rats

Alana was on the phone as she was walking upstairs, "Alright, yeah... I'll let him know now... Is Archie okay with this?... Oh, okay, fair enough... See you in a few," Alana said and hung up.

Alana walked into her bedroom and heard the shower running from her ensuite, "Neal?" Alana called out.

"Yeah?" Neal said.

Alana walked into the bathroom and Neal turned the shower off, "Emma's arranged a meeting for us with Archie... I'm gonna head..." Neal pulled the curtain too as he looked at her and she blinked a few times, "...Off..." Alana said.

"At this time?" Neal asked

"Yeah, he's fine with us c...calling in when we need to... Um... You know... Chat..." Alana said as she looked away.

Neal looked amused, "You okay, babe?" Neal asked.

"Mhm... Yep, yeah, perfectly... Perfect," Alana said.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" Neal asked.

"Why haven't you got a towel on?" Alana asked as she pulled his towel off the rack and held it out to him, looking away.

Neal stepped out of the shower, walked over and took the towel from her.

"Right... I'll, umm, see you later tonight," Alana said and walked out.

"Hey," He followed her and she turned to him, "Are you okay? The babies?" Neal asked.

Alana smiled as she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, "The babies and me are fine... I promise, I still need to talk about stuff," Alana said.

"Stuff you can't tell me?" Neal asked as he put his hands on her hips.

"Neal... It's not that I can't tell you, it...It's just the fact that... I need... I need to talk to someone who... Who knows how the brain works, and I'm making progress," Alana said.

"Alright, want anything to eat when you get back?" Alana smiled, "A grilled cheese?" Neal said.

"You are my true love... Please, with both fries and onion rings," Alana said.