39 - The Song in Your Heart

Flashback: Minnesota - 1991

Young Emma and Young Alana were in a foster home, they were sat on one of the beds in their room, Young Alana showed her sister a flyer for the local talent show, Young Emma pulled out a tape recorder and placed it in front of them.

Young Emma pressed buttons down and picked up a microphone, the two sisters started practising for the talent show.

An older girl walked in and took the flyer, "What's this?" She asked.

"It's none of your business," Young Emma said.

"What, think you're both gonna be the next Madonna?" The older girl said.

"What do you know? Maybe people actually want to hear us sing," Young Alana said.

"Who? As soon as you two get up on that stage and look out at the audience, you'll realise the truth, Emma, Alana. You're just like the rest of us all alone," The older girl said and walked out.

Young Emma and Alana looked at each other, before Young Emma grabbed the flyer, screwed it up and tossed it into the garbage.

"We're not alone... We have each other, at least," Young Alana said.

"Forever, together," Young Emma said and they hugged each other.

End of Flashback

At Alana's house, Alana was looking at three wedding dresses drinking a cup of coffee when Mary Margaret and Emma walked in.

"Did you decide which one?" Emma asked.

"Not yet, I've narrowed it down to two, but neither one feels exactly right," Alana said.

"Well, Ana, I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure that the curse even brought it over from the Enchanted Forest, but I had Belle scour the back of Gold's shop and she found it," The twins looked at her as Mary Margaret looked at her, "My wedding dress! Do you want to wear it?" Mary Margaret asked.

Alana smiled, "Of course, where is it?" Alana asked.

"Well, I dropped it off at the dry cleaners and it should be back in plenty of time for the wedding tonight," Mary Margaret said.

"Oh, mom, that's... Thank you!" Alana said and they pulled each other in for a hug.

"With all we've been through lately, I just never thought we'd get a moment like this," Mary Margaret said.

Flashback

Snow White and Prince Charming had visited Rumpelstiltskin in his cell.