Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Liam POV

How is this girl so good at everything? Literally everything. She's hardly let me win a game yet. First she beats me in sparring matches, then races, and now this. I think she's beaten me at least twice at every game in the whole arcade. I knew Quinn was competitive but this is something else.

"Wanna go again?" I heard her ask from behind me.

She'd just come back from the restroom and I can't lie, my ego was hurting a bit from all the beatings she's put me through.

"How about some dessert?" I offered instead. I know Quinn isn't a huge foodie but she does love a good dessert.

"Yes!" she yelled, jumping up and down. "Do you think they have ice cream? I'd kill for some cookie dough ice cream right now."

She looked so adorable getting all excited for ice cream. It reminds me she isn't all tough and competitive. She's still an eighteen year old just like everyone else her age.

"Let's go find out," I said grinning and led her towards the attached restaurant.

It wasn't too fancy. I'm sure they serve various bar foods but it'll suit our needs. We sat down at a booth and I grabbed two menus, handing her one and taking the other for myself. While looking over the menu, I could see they had an excellent selection of different flavors of ice cream. This is perfect. Quinn was bouncing excitedly in her seat.

"I see they have what you're looking for?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, I'm going to get a cookie dough ice cream two scoop sundae with hot fudge and whipped cream. I just can't decide if I want the sprinkles or not. I guess it depends what kind of sprinkles they are. I really like the long skinny rainbow kind the best."

"Goddess I love you more and more every day," I blurted out without thinking, cutting off her adorable rant about sprinkles.

Quinn did that thing again where her mouth drops open and she loses the ability to speak. I need to stop doing this to her.

"I..." she tries to respond but I cut her off.

"I don't need you to say anything, Quinn. I know you're still working things out. It just slipped out. It's all true though. Every word. I do love you and I know you don't love me yet and that's okay. I'm so glad you went on this date with me and we're getting to spend some time together one on one."

She relaxed slightly and said, "Me too, Liam. I'm having such a great time. You really planned the most perfect first date for me. For Us."

At that moment a waiter showed up to take our order. Quinn rattled off her detailed sundae order and opted for the added sprinkles once she found out they had her favorite kind. When it was my turn to order I just told him I'd have the same.

"You like cookie dough ice cream?" Quinn asked.

"I like anything you like," I replied simply. "It all tastes sweeter knowing it's something you enjoy."

What turned me into this unrecognizably sappy and romantic wolf? I couldn't have ever imagined talking like this before I set eyes on this amazing shewolf. She has become my world in the few days I've known her and I've already fallen fully under her spell.

The mate bond is so strong for me. I only hope she can feel a fraction of what I feel to understand the attachment I have to her already. I know I told her I'd give her a choice but I'm starting to think I won't be able to leave Diamond Crescent without her. I just hope she makes the right decision and that decision includes me in her life.

The ice cream arrived a few minutes later and Quinn dove right in. I don't think she came up for air once. I was only halfway done with mine when I noticed Quinn eyeing it from across the table.

"Want a bite?" I asked, pushing it towards her.

"I mean, if you're offering..." she said while dipping her spoon into my bowl and coming up with a little bit of everything. She greedily shoved the spoon into her mouth and I couldn't help but watch.

She moaned softly before saying, "It tastes so much better when we share. We should share desserts more often. Remember the chocolate lava cake last night?"

I was indeed remembering that cake from last night. And the ice cream tonight. I don't know what it is about sharing food that turns me on so much. We've already kissed but this feels incredibly intimate as well.

Quinn picked up her spoon again and filled it with more ice cream. Instead of bringing it to her own mouth, she pressed it to my lips trying to feed me. I obliged and opened my mouth, savoring the flavor of not only the ice cream but the flavor of Quinn still on the spoon. This was why I loved sharing my food with her.

We continued that way for a while, sharing the remainder of my ice cream until it was all gone. Quinn was greedily scooping out the last bits of hot fudge from the edges of the bowl when I noticed she had a little bit of that same fudge smeared just below her bottom lip. I wanted so badly to suck that lip and clean the chocolate from her face.

'What's stopping you?' my wolf asked.

He always knows just the right times to chime in. But he was right. What was stopping me?

Quinn placed the spoon down on her napkin and looked up at me so innocently. She had no idea what was going on in my mind. I made my decision though.

I slowly leaned forward over the table, indicating for her to do the same. Her face drew closer to mine and instead of whispering something in her ear, I turned and captured her lips with mine. I paid particular attention to that bottom lip, sucking it gently ensuring it was completely clean before moving onto other parts of her mouth.

Quinn responded with fervor, returning my gestures and nibbling lightly on my top lip. The action sent shockwaves through my body that settled in my groin. Things were really heating up between us.

We'd been steadily making out over this table for a minute or so when I heard someone clear their voice from beside us. I grudgingly pulled away to glare at whoever interrupted us. It was our waiter.

"Erm," he started. He was clearly uncomfortable. "Sorry to bother you but my shift is ending and I just wanted to drop off the check before I left."

He went to leave but I stopped him. I shoved a hundred dollars into the bill and handed it back to him. I stood up, going around the table to grab Quinn's hand when the waiter looked in the book and said, "Uh, sir? This is way too much. Your bill wasn't even eleven dollars."

"Keep the change," I called over my shoulder as I hurried Quinn from the restaurant.

I had every intention of continuing what we were doing before the waiter interrupted us. I think it's time for Quinn and I to head back to the pack house.