Epilogue

Epilogue

Quinn POV

"Your majesty, please slow down!" I heard my lady in waiting call from behind me.

I chuckled under my breath knowing she simply couldn't keep up with me. I don't need a lady in waiting as it is. I don't know why the royal advisors insist on it. I'm in the middle of training and I'm not going to slow down for something as silly as the royal advisors' wishes for me to be shadowed all day.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lucinda and have found us to be fast friends. I simply don't need her to follow me around on my training sessions. I will admit though, she's built quite a bit of muscle since she's been around me. She can thank me for that at least.

I'm swinging through the new high ropes course that Liam had built for me. It's an absolute dream. There's so much room on the royal grounds that we can build all sorts of obstacle courses and such for our warriors to train on. I'm thinking next should be a rock climbing gym. I think that would be loads of fun.

A familiar scent reaches me as I come to the end of the course. I look down and spot my mate standing below the tree. I drop down hastily and wrap my arms around him.

"Oh darling, how I've missed you," I say before giving him a swift kiss.

"You're lucky I love you. You're absolutely drenched in sweat," Liam chuckles as he holds me to his chest.

I lean back and smack his chest lightly. "At least I'm not as bad as Lucinda," I joke as we both look up to see her cautiously swinging from one rope to another in the same path I previously took.

"She's definitely improving since working with you," Liam comments.

"I think so too," I agree. "Maybe she'd make a proper warrior someday."

"I can hear you talking about me," Lucinda calls as she barely misses the last platform. "Can you tell your crazy mate to give me a day off from this torture?"

"Ah, you see Lucinda, that is the one thing that I can't tell my mate."

"You know you don't have to come with me," I reply, hoping she'll finally catch the hint that I work better alone.

"No, no, your highness, my duty is to serve you at all times and I take my duty seriously. I can handle it."

Just as she says that, her foot slips from the platform and she falls from the tree. I carefully catch her in my arms before setting her down gently. She's absolutely drenched in sweat. Poor thing. I almost feel sorry for her, but in the end, I'm really doing her a favor by giving her the best trainer we have, aside from my father that is.

"Why don't you take a break, Lucinda?" Liam coaxes her. "You take a bath and some rest. I'll take our queen from here."

"Of course, your majesty," Lucinda bows before limping off towards the castle.

"Of course she'll listen to you," I frown.

"Why must you torture that poor woman?" Liam laughs as he watches her hobble across the grounds.

"She's always following me," I pout.

"She's just doing her job, my love."

Liam places a warm hand against my cheek and pulls me into a passionate kiss. Goddess, I'll never get tired of this man.

After our little makeout session, Liam grabs my hand and leads me back towards the castle. "I think it's time for you to get cleaned up as well, my darling."