Chapter 59

Chapter 59

Quinn POV

I went ahead to my room with Suze in order to start packing up. I still wasn't sure how long I'd be with Liam so I didn't know how much to bring. This was all too much for me. Suze was in my closet packing up some clothes while I was in the bathroom gathering my toiletries.

"Suze," I called to her once I left my bathroom. "You don't need to help me. Go pack up your things. You have a lot to do as well."

Suze looked a bit sheepish, "Actually Quinny, I started packing up the night Ethan and I met. I'll just need to grab a few things but I'm basically ready to go."

"Oh," was all I could manage to say.

She'd been planning to leave with Ethan the whole time. Everyone was just waiting on me. I was holding up everyone's lives and keeping them from their happiness by being stubborn. Leaving felt so wrong but deep down I knew it was the right thing to do.

I looked around the room, deciding what else I needed to bring with me. I spotted a few pictures tucked into the side of my mirror and grabbed them. Next I went to my dresser and picked up the small jewelry box that held all the jewelry I had from my mom. This was all I needed.

I tucked the last couple items into the side pocket of my suitcase and looked around the room. It seemed so bare without all my personal items.

Suze came to my side and gave me a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you, Quinny. I know how hard this is. Remember I'm right here with you though. Sisters for life."

That was one of the only things keeping me sane right now. I'm able to bring a piece of home with me and that's Suze. If only I could bring everyone else too. I knew it wasn't possible though.

There was a soft knock at the door and I knew it was time to leave. Liam cautiously opened the door and walked in.

"Do you need any help?" he asked.

I looked into his green eyes and I could see all his emotions. Guilt. Fear. Love. I knew this wasn't his fault. I sighed. I can't keep pushing him away. In that moment I knew we would need each other. He needs me as much as I need him right now.

I surprised him by walking straight for him. He tensed up, probably assuming I was going to attack him but he stood his ground. As soon as I was within arms reach, I pulled him into a hug. He paused momentarily before wrapping his arms around me. I could feel his anxiety lessen the longer we held each other. I heard Suze leave the room but I didn't care. This was what I needed. I finally was accepting the comfort my mate could give me. This wasn't going to be easy but I think we can make things work. I hope so at least.

Once I could tell we both were feeling a bit lighter, I pulled away slowly. Liam let me slip from his arms and we stood facing each other.

"I'll grab your bags," Liam said awkwardly.

I chuckled. He's so nervous around me.

'That's because you're terrifying,' my wolf joked.

'Thanks,' I replied, taking it as a compliment.

She grumbled in my head and I laughed. Even though we're technically the same person, it's still fun to mess with her.

I grabbed the last of my bags and followed behind Liam. In the living room I could see my whole family and Suze's parents standing by the door. This was goodbye. I know I'll be able to see them again someday but I don't know when that will be. It could be weeks or months before this situation is taken care of. That though alone had me choking up.