• Chapter Eight •

"Queenie! Queenie!?" Vinda was calling for the woman softly sniffling at my feet. I stared ahead, empty on the inside as my demonised appearance faded.

Vinda came around the corner just as my eyes returned to their normal color. The sophisticated woman looked confused to see Queenie lying on the floor and me standing above her with a broken expression on my face.

I wouldn't let the tears fall in front of her. My inner being wouldn't allow it in the first place.

Vinda carefully stepped to us, checking on Queenie first and tending to her wound. She came to me next and I stepped back, anxious about what she had to say. To my surprise she only smiled softly and whispered, "Gellert would like to see you right away dear. I'll take care of Queenie.."

I glanced at the now asleep Queenie and then to Vinda. Reluctantly, I obliged her, and left in a slow pace. I was worried about Queenie. I hadn't used materialistic weapons ever and I had no idea the effect it could have on others.

From the looks of the cut on her skin the damage the dagger had done could have been lethal.

Maybe I really am nothing but a monster..

That one thought messed with my fragile mind as I winded through the crowd of people searching for their seats. I spotted Gellert at the entrance to the floor of the dome and halted my walking a good distance from him.

He happened to catch me in his sight from the corner of his eye. I had no option to leave him be now and when he motioned me over with one finger I obeyed.

Face to face with him I kept a bored expression on mine and he chuckled seeing that I was avoiding his gaze at the same time.

"Something the matter, love?" He voice drips with cockiness and i have half a mind to rip his throat out. I bite my tongue before answering him, "No. I'm perfectly fine Master. Why don't you go ask her if shes okay?.."

The venom in my tone brought a glint to Gellerts eyes and he came so close our lips were nearly touching. My breath hitched as he stared into my eyes, one hand caressing my waist and the other gently tracing the side of my face.

I felt weak all over. Spiraling down into his aura like the first time we met.

"You want something from me, dont you love?" Gellert shifted his gaze to my lips, smirking as they parted to let out a low whine of desperation for only him to hear.

He was right. I did want something from him. I wanted to be his only one. The only thing that could make him happy. I wanted him all to myself.

And the only response I could fathom to answer his question was, "I want you to own me.."

Gellert's eyes filled with satisfaction hearing my answer. He tightened his embrace around me for a moment, dipping his head to kiss behind my ear discreetly. I shivered against him, eyes going hazy with lust as he bit down on the same spot.

"I already own you my little fox..." Gellert's lowered voice caused a pulse to form in my lower half. If he didn't let up soon I'd be needy and I knew that's exactly what the power hungry wizard wanted.

Yet, I fought against my urges and produced every other thought in mind besides wanting him. When he pulled back to look me in the eyes I couldn't hide the desperation starting appear in them.

It was times like these that I really hated being apart of a species that feeds off of desire and intimacy. Lust could be a Kitsune's advantage, but it could also be our downfall.

Gellert let go of me completely, and I sank down to my knees. I still felt weak all over as if the entire encounter was enough to excite me and terrify me at the same time.

I kept my eyes to the floor, knowing they were flickering from my frustration. I could feel Gellert's stare on me, and then he spoke before leaving to start his campaign.

"You are of great value to me and my cause little one, but I will never love you the way you imagine. Now go home, you seem to have tired yourself out."

I responded submissively as his shined shoes clicked on the stone father and farther away from me.

"Yes master..."

••••••
I enjoy reading the theories and predictions you all make about this book and its events. ♡