< Chapter Eleven >

Several days had passed by the time Y/n opened up her eyes. Her gaze was distant, void, and definitely not as bright as it once was. Naturally, the first words that left her cold lips were empty of any emotion.

"He loves someone else," Y/n muttered the phrase so quietly that Vinda nearly thought she imagined hearing the girl's weak voice. The assumption was made false as Vinda turned to see Y/n sitting up like a corpse awakening from death. She spoke again, her eyes eerily drifting over to bore into Vinda's bewildered stare.

"My master...loves another." The statement was a whisper but even Vinda could tell Y/n believed every word that left her mouth. "You finally woke up. He'll be pleased.." She tried to break the deafening silence building, sensing the young woman's dormant hostility rising. Any magical being in Vinda's position would freeze feeling the aura Y/n was currently producing.

She had only just come to and yet her power was seeping into the atmosphere like a dangerous poison. "How long was I out?..." Y/n monotonously asked the apprehensive witch and was given a quick answer.

"Five days..." Vinda answered.

Y/n cocked her head, vacant eyes glaring at nothing in particular, "And where is he?"

Vinda hesitated to answer Y/n, cautiously watching the girl as she stood up and tossed the heavy white linen covers off her petite form without batting an eyelash.

"Grindlewald is away on business at the moment. He instructed me to take care of you while he is gone." Her answer seemed to fly over Y/n's head because all she did in response was teleport past her and to one of the windows in the room.

"You didn't answer my question Ms. Vinda.." her eyes fixated themselves on the witch who put her guard up in turn. The young girl Vinda had been assigned to attending to only a month ago was now emitting a predatory presence.

It was like her sweet, loyal, and naive nature had dispated to the complete opposite while she was recovering. Y/n noticed Vinda's hesitation to respond, her eyes flared from an icy blue to a bright lilac. She was displeased and her temper was shorter than it previously had been.

"I'm not in the mood to be treated like a child so tell me where my master is."

"I'm afriad that I can't tell you." Vinda swiftly shut Y/n's interrogation down, but the girl began to laugh hysterically.

"What is so amusing?" Vinda questioned.

Her laughter continued, growing louder as blotches of blood began to bleed through the white bandages covering Y/n's body. Vinda gritted her teeth, becoming irritated with the situation. "Y/n, you must quit this nonsense!-"

Her command was halted as Y/n appeared inches from her face. She was indeed bleeding from her wounds, still smiling as if the pain encouraged her, and her eyes...

Her eyes were an unearthly red. A vicious pigment.

"You've already told me where my master is Mrs. Vinda, but seeing you refuse me so adamantly is.." She paused, eyes dilating, and her porcilean face tilting to the side.

"Amusing..." Y/n breathed out the final word, beginning to laugh like before, and startling Vinda. "Calm yourself before you make your injuries worse!"

With a loud gasp Y/n cut her laughter short and raised her voice next. "I'm completely fine and the only one permitted to command me is my master!.."

She scoffed and Vinda watched in disbelief as the bandages were ripped to shreds and tossed to the floor. Tattered bloody shreds of cloth were caught in Y/n's revealed claws and a sly smile etched it's way onto her pale expression.