3. "Am I his ideal girl?"

Chapter 3

Roxanne's POV

My phone rings, it's Julia calling.

"Hey, are you ready to work out?"

"Yeah, I just finished preparing my yoga mat and equipment."

"Cool. Let's start!" Julia exclaims.

We played the abs workout of Chloe Ting on YouTube together, while being in our own houses. We love to exercise, not just to have a healthy body but also to have a healthy mind.

"You know, I miss the gym. It's such a bummer that we have to give it up."

"Yeah, I miss looking at the hot trainers." Julia giggles.

"It's very frustrating, just when I have a degree and can help mom, this pandemic happened. I really wish we had our own house, because most of our money goes to rent."

"Don't worry, Rox. We'll find a way, we always do. We're the baddest bitches in Baltimore."

I used to work as a saleslady/cashier in a fashion store, a job that I had been doing since I started college, but it closed down during the pandemic.

I don't have any savings either. I used my money in paying my college loan, in buying my groceries and vitamins for granny, paying half of our house rent, paying electricity, internet and food. Too bad that mom has to shoulder all expenses now.

After an hour, the workout video ended, along with our call. A new video recommendation suddenly pops up coming from Grayson's YouTube channel. A video three days ago, entitled 'Get To Know Me Better.'

"This is interesting."

I sit on my bed then touch the Play arrow on my iPad.

I know he has a YouTube channel for several months already but is not active on it. He doesn't need to be when he has a good-paying job in New York.

I remove my wet workout clothes, taking my time as I listen to Gray, talking about himself.

"Hi. My name's Grayson. Or you can call me Gray. I'm 26 years old and I live here in a small house in Maryland..."

I know the things he mentioned already; I got most of the information from Julia. His experience of being so thin despite eating too much, the terrible bullying he had to bear in high school, how he met his two best friends, Chance and Riggs and other things. He also talked about his sisters, Julia and Brooke, and his parents' divorce.

I put on a loose sweater, then drink some water from the water bottle. I fixed my eyes at Grayson, studying his profile as he speaks.

Suddenly, I remember something that makes me smile. I had a little crush on him, a bit of a crush that lasted only for 10 seconds.

It happened when I first laid eyes on him. It was Julia's 14th birthday, and I waited at their front yard with a balloon and a banner, to surprise her. The door opened, and I saw Gray. We held eyes and continued for about 10 seconds.

That moment was magical. I felt like I was Bella Swan, staring at Edward Cullen piercing golden eyes. Ray of sunlight hit him strongly, making his face glittered like diamonds.

Realization sinks in. I was hallucinating. My brain froze from waiting outside for too long in the snowy weather making me see crazy things.

"Hi, Rox. Sorry for taking so long. Thank you for that banner, you're so sweet." Julia ran towards me, giving me a hug.

"I'm... glad... you... like it." My teeth rattled from the cold.

"By the way, this is my sister Brooke, and my brother, Grayson."