18. Guilty

Chapter 18

Roxanne's POV

What's wrong with him?

Gone was the sweet Grayson who greeted earlier. Since his video editor, Grace Lee, saw us outside the house, he has been avoiding me like I'm infected with the virus. The 'at least two meter distance' is back. Whenever I go near him, he moves away faster than 'The Flash.'

It frustrates me. He's like a light switch that turns on and off.

I did the video shoot after three hours, and everyone gathers inside the studio room to watch the rough video edits of Grace.

"I'll prepare the food. I know you guys are starving already," I say to the crew.

"I'm craving for fries. Can you load some in the air fryer," Julia asks, making a puppy eyes, "and don't forget our favorite dip."

"Yeah... yeah. Catsup, mayo and mustard." I stand up to go to the kitchen.

"Thanks Rox, you're the sweetest ever." Julia says, then turns her attention back to the video.

In the kitchen, I make Julia's request, making some fries, then heat the leftover slices of pizza in the oven. They placed the packed foods that PJ ordered earlier in the kitchen counter - Korean Fried Chicken, Burger King burgers and carbonara.

"Need help?"

My heart skips a beat when I hear Grayson's voice behind me. Okay, here we go again, the thump in my heart. I take a deep breath then turn to him, trying to put a neutral expression on my face.

"Sure. Can you set the table?"

Instead of doing what I said, he comes closer and watches me transfer the Korean Fried Chicken on a platter. Oh no. I'm afraid he can hear the pounding of my heart. It's so loud, it's deafening my ears.

My hands tremble, a sizeable chunk of chicken escapes and lands on the kitchen counter.

"Oops! My luck," he chuckles and takes the chicken.

I smile and watch him take a bite.

"This is superb. Not so sweet, sour and so tasty. Here, have a bite."

Without warning, he pulled me closer to him, and put a steady hand on my shoulder.

"No, I don't want it." I say, pushing him away.

"Come on, Rox. Just a little bite."

"It already dropped on the table. It's not clean."

"I clean this every day, it's as clean as my face." He laughs, teasing me, making all my insides swirl.

"Not your face, but your feet." I laugh aloud, putting a distance between us.

He put the chicken down, licking his fingers briefly.

"You're so bad," he says, and I'm surprised when he pulls me in his arms in a back hug and tickles my sides.

"Oh, no... stop it," I laugh, as I try to wiggle away from him, but he's so strong, "And your mouth, they're so fucking filthy as your feet now."

"Fucking filthy, huh?"

Before I know what's going to happen, he grabs my jaw and turns it towards him. My eyes grow big as his mouth covers mine. An open kiss, so hot and earth moving. His lips feel strong and sure, just like him. I close my eyes as his hand transfers to my neck.

Oh God, is this really happening?

His tongue explores the inside of my mouth, thrusting, tasting, eating me. Yeah, I can taste the chicken, he's right, not too sweet, sour and so tasty.

"Now, your mouth is filthy," he laughs and lets me go instantly, back to two meters away.

I stared at him, so dazed at what happened. It just occurs to me he heard someone is coming. The stomping of feet is loud, walking towards the kitchen.

"Did you make my fries?" Julia asks, looking at me.

Guilt overwhelms me as I stare back at Julia. "Yeah, yeah..." I check the air fryer, "It's almost done."

Grayson is setting the table, facing the opposite direction. I don't know what he's thinking at that moment; I wish I could read his mind. Is he as affected as I am? What is he playing at? Kissing me, then keeping a distance between us.

And Julia. I should keep in mind my promise to her. Her brother is off limits. She will hate me once she finds out about the kiss.

Oh, my God. That kiss should never happen again. I should make a stop before this spark between me and Grayson turns to flame.