6. "Don't get involved with my brother."

Chapter 6

Roxanne's POV

"Hey Roxanne, good to see you back here?" The gym owner, Eric, waves at me. He's in his early thirties, single and a bodybuilding champion.

"Hi Eric. Yeah, I'm back."

"Did you find a job now?"

I put down the dumbbells, and remove my headphones. "Nope, still looking."

"You can work here part time, while you're looking."

"Thanks. I'll think about it."

When I'm alone again, I continue my workout. I stay on the other side of the gym, as far as I can from Julia and Grayson's crew. I have my headphones on, listening to loud music and focusing on my program.

Knowing that Grayson is here, I became very conscious. That I haven't explained to him about that nude photo I sent him, made things between us so awkward. I should have confronted him a long time ago, and told him it was an accident.

I wonder what he thinks of me. He's hard to read, one won't know what's going on inside his head. He hides his emotions well, and often with a smile.

I turn to them, looking at their progress. Instead, I meet Gray's eyes. My instantly leaps, beating so fast.

Was he seriously staring at me?

A big sweat runs down my back. Now, he makes me nervous.

Later, I joined them for lunch in a Mexican restaurant. Of course at Gray's expense. We had Tacos with beef steak and chorizo, green salad with avocado and refreshing drinks of fresh pineapple juice.

"This taco is so delicious." I whisper at Julia, who's sipping her pineapple juice. "Aren't they going to eat?"

I look at Grayson and his crew, eating at another table.

"Your brother is pretty serious on YouTube."

"Yeah, he's passionate about anything that he does. I'm very confident that he'll make it big someday."

"Definitely. He's also very smart." I agree with her.

Julia takes a small bite of her taco, "and consistent. I believe in him, that's why I'm supporting him to achieve his dreams."

"That's cool. You'll be successful too once he does."

"Yeah, that's what he said." She wipes the side of her mouth with a table napkin, "Eventually, I'll get many sponsorships. I'll earn money by endorsing products on different social media platforms."

"Wow, that's what you really love to do for a living, right? Wearing makeup all the time, dressing up, collecting clothes, and taking care of your body."

She nods, "yeah, and of course, the money. I'm tired of being poor. I want to eat in a fancy restaurant, stay in a five-star hotel, drink the finest champagne and ride a plane. Imagine, I'll be 24 soon and still haven't ridden a plane."

"I haven't either. So that makes the two of us."

We both giggle, and sip our pineapple juice.

"If I make it big, you'll still be with me. I'll include you in this. We're sisters, right?"

"Yeah, we are. But please don't include me. It's not my thing. I don't enjoy dressing up like a Barbie doll, and I hate wearing a lot of makeups. I'm happy with my gym clothes, loose sweaters and rubber shoes."

"You have a beautiful body and you're hiding it with this old huge thing." She pulls the side of my sweater, "It's good to dress up like a woman sometimes. People might get the wrong idea."