26. Fight For Love

Chapter 26

Grayson's POV

The following morning, the crew had brunch at 10am, then finished shooting at 12 noon at the beach. We were packing the video equipments when Archer arrived.

He went directly to Roxanne and grabbed her wrist, then dragged her away from the group.

"Ouch, Archer, stop!" Roxanne almost shouts at him.

"You asshole. Leave her alone!" Julia screams walking behind them.

I put down my camera and go to them.

Julia throws a handful of sand at Archer's face and that made him let go of Roxanne. But he attacks Julia by pushing her to the ground.

I'm about to step in but
Roxanne grabs Archer's neck, choking him with her arm. She handles him with her strength pretty well using self defense she obviously learned from her training in criminology.

Wow. That was quick. Archer is on the ground, his face buried in the sand as her foot pins his head.

"Don't you ever hurt my best friend or anyone of my friends here. You're nothing but a manipulative asshole. I was blind not to see it before. Stay out of my life, or I'm going to take legal actions on you."

"I've done nothing wrong but love you!"

Archer struggles and puts Roxanne down. He pins her wrists on the sand, and that's when I step in.

"Keep your hands off my girl!" I shout at Archer, and his attention instantly shifts on me.

He releases Roxanne, standing up and moving towards me, ready to attack.

"Your girl?" His monstrous eyes glaring at me, "so, I'm right. You're hooking up. Bastard! You're a fucking thorn in my life. I'm going to kill you!"

He aims a punch on my face but I'm quick to evade. Another on my stomach but I block it with my arms. His third punch lands on my jaw, and that triggers me to defend myself.

I give him a hard blow straight on his face and that's enough to make him stop.

"Fuck! You broke my nose! You're gonna pay for this, you bastard!"

Archer panicked when he saw his nose is bleeding.

"Just try. We have everything in footage." Julia smirks, facing Archer squarely. "You'll get cancelled once everyone sees it."

"Fuck you all! This is not the end. I'm gonna come back and hunt each one of you."

"Count me in!" PJ shouts, "my bed is waiting for you. I can't wait to have a taste of Archer West."

Everyone laughs, and Archer walks out angrily.

"You're gay?" Julia looks shocked, staring at PJ.

"Of course! Since birth. I'm a girl inside. I also love hotdogs."

Roxanne laughs and Julia's attention shifts on her.

"What the hell is that about you and Grayson hooking up?"

Roxanne froze, staring at her. So I butt in, and explains to her.

"I made it up, Jule. Don't take it seriously."

She puts her hands on her waist, looking up at me with her killer eyes.

"It was not a dream last night, right? You two were making out!"

"Oh..oh.." It was Grace Lee saying at the background. "Hey guys, people are looking at us. Can we all settle this inside?"

"Jule, come on. I'll explain it to you. There's no need to freak out."

Roxanne coaxes her to go inside the villa, but Julia slaps her hand and points a finger at her face.

"You broke your promise! Our friendship means nothing to you. I'm so disappointed in you! I can never trust you again!"

"Stop it Jule! You're being so childish. Roxanne is not your doll that you can keep to yourself. That's so selfish of you. She has a life and deserves to be happy. I admit I like her a lot... in fact, I'm already falling in love with her. There's nothing I want in my life right now, but to be with her."

"This is what I'm afraid of, and it's happening all over again. Why everything is all about you, Grayson? Brooke thinks the world of you, and mom worships you. Now, you're taking my best friend too?" Tears fall on her face, as she continues, "I hate you for not caring too much about me. I try to be a wonderful sister to you, but all you can see is Brooke. She's all you care about. I was sad too when dad left us, but you never ever comforted me."

I'm surprise at her confession, it caught me off guard. Her vulnerability is so new to me.

"I'm so sorry Jules. You're the toughest of us all, so you don't need comforting. I comfort Brooke because she's so weak and with so many hang-ups in life. You did not show sign that you need comforting. I'm so sorry... either way, it's my fault, I should have been more sensitive to your needs and feelings. Please believe me, that my love for you, Mom and Brooke are equal."

She wipes her tears, then lifts her chin up.

"Whatever!" She flips her hair, and points her finger to me and Roxanne, "you two have a lot of making up to do, you can start by packing up my luggages," she says and walks out.

I sigh with relief. I look at Roxanne, and I can see the worries gone on her face.