28. More Berries

Chapter 28

Grayson's POV

Julia comes to my apartment to help me choose an outfit for my first date with Roxanne. Roxanne and I are going to a five-star hotel owned by my father, Oliver West. He and mom, organized our date.

Yeah, I started talking to him and accepting him as my father. I don't want to dwell in the past, driven with hate and negativity. I would rather focus on the good things in life and look forward to a successful future.

"You look like a waiter!" Julia rolls her eyes, after she sees me in black formal pants, and white long sleeves.

"We're going to a five-star hotel restaurant. I need to look my best."

"Dah! Who are you trying to impress? The restaurant manager or Roxanne?"

"Of course, Roxanne."

"Then do what I say. Change that damn outfit now."

"Ok fine!"

I come back wearing a matching gray coat and tie. It would be more appropriate for the formal dinner setting.

"That is so ew! Are you trying to intimidate Roxanne? You look like you're running for congress!" She groans then went to my wardrobe, rummages my clothes,"

"Careful, don't mess the arrangement,"

"Whatever," she shouts, then gives me black denim pants and a black long sleeve shirt.

"I would look like I'm going to a funeral."

"Nope, but a hot vampire."

"No way. You can't make me. It's not Halloween we're going Jule, it's our first date."

"Of course! That's why you need to look hot.
Roxanne loves vampire stories, and she confessed to me last night that she imagined you as Edward Cullen when you first met. You'll make her so giddy and drool at you when she sees you in this outfit."

"Are you sure?"

"A-ha. I know my best friend by heart." She pushes the clothes in my arms, "so get ready now or you'll be late. Just roll the sleeves above your elbows. Show off your arms. Us girls find it hot in men."

Fifteen minutes later, I'm standing in front of Roxanne's house, feeling so nervous. It's Granny Mary who opens the door.

"Grayson!"

"Hi Gran, good evening."

"Come in." She says, assessing my outfit from head to foot, then asks, "who died?"

A fat sweat runs down my back. Damm Julia, for making me wear this all black outfit. I'm so embarrassed.

"Oh, no one," I chuckle, talking louder so she could hear me, "I just feel like wearing all black tonight."

She smiles back, then her eyes teasing, "I like it though, you look really handsome. I'm sure our little princess will be so smitten."

I feel relieved, then settle comfortably in the couch.

"You know what, when you and Roxanne were teenagers, I was shipping both of you."

"Really, Gran?"

"Yeah. I'm your first shipper. The first time I saw both of you together... I think that was Julia's dinner party? I already felt the chemistry between you two. You sit next to each other, and you both looked so cute. I was observing you. You offered her pizza, she shook her head. Then you offered her soda, she just smiled at you then said no. When I asked her later that night about it, she said, Julia's watching. I believe she likes you even before, but don't want to mess up with her best friend."

I chuckle, "Yeah, I remember that incident."

I was a bit hurt she rejected my offers. I was trying to be nice to her, to take care of her. Probably, to make her like me.

Gran smiles back, and I continue, "Julia is very understanding. She supports us now. In fact... she helped me choose this outfit,"

"Oh, that's why," she laughs, "I like you better for Roxanne. But I won't deny I miss Archer's berries."

"I'm afraid he won't be giving you berry anymore, granny."

"Is that so? Why?"

"Because..." I chuckle shyly, embarrass for telling her the truth, "I already inherited the West's farm."

"Ohhhh, I see," she gives me a wink then says, "I'll go get Roxanne now. Thank you for the berries in advance."