19. Boy with Luv

Chapter 19

Grayson's POV

The crew left in my house except for PJ, Julia and Chance. We are discussing our future contents and PJ gives his suggestions.

"24-Hour Couple Challenge? A Date with my Sister's BFF? Chapstick Challenge... What the hell?" Julia's eyebrows snap together as she reads PJ's list of contents that we would make in the coming days. "You can't let Rox and Grayson do these things."

"Why not? Everybody's requesting it. We have to give what the viewers want." PJ, my manager, contradicts Julia. "We're here for the money, dear. Getting Rox and Gray together will bring millions of views."

"You're encouraging the viewers. This shipping should stop because there's nothing in it. They both grew up like siblings. Basically, Rox is like a sister to us." Julia argues, then her attention focuses on me, "you can't allow this Gray, it's like fooling the viewers. Rox finds this shipping so awkward already, and these challenges... It's just so weird. We can create so much content, not just these."

"I'm the manager here," PJ interrupts, "I know what works and what's not. I've been in this business for five years, girl. So don't tell me what to do. Your brother hires me, and I'm here to help him out and make a big name of himself."

"Yeah, he hires you, so you do what he says!" Julia shouts, her expression turns to scalding fury.

"Right, what he says, NOT what you say!" PJ's hands are on his waist, glaring at Julia. "You're so possessive, you think you own your best friend. Let Rox decide for her own, she doesn't need you mingling her business."

"You have no right to talk to me like this. You asshole, you're fired!"

"You can't fire me, you're not my boss!" PJ shouts at her.

"Enough, you two. You're both giving me a headache," I almost shouted at them, I turned to PJ, "let's put aside your suggestions at the moment and focus on group challenges like 'Can't Say No Challenge, or Last One To Leave the Pool Wins."

"Okay, if you say so." PJ looks really disappointed, the tone of his voice shrinking, "I thought we're doing this for the money."

"We are, but I don't want any conflict. We're all a team so we should compromise with each other." I say to him, then continue, "let's call this a night. We're all tired."

"Yeah. It's hard to think straight when we're exhausted." Chance butt in.

"You two should talk and make up before this night is over," my eyes shift from Julia to PJ, "is that clear?"

"Yes, boss," PJ glances at Julia, and Julia does the same to him, but only shrugs her shoulders.

PJ was right when he said that Julia is possessive of Roxanne. Not only that, she's also very protective of her. I understand she loves Rox more than anyone in this world, and that made things difficult for me to get into Roxanne.

Julia will be so freaking mad once she knows about that kiss. My God, what the hell is wrong with me, I can't seem to stop thinking of Roxanne. Every morning, I wake up so early, excited to work. I love working on the contents, feeling so motivated because I see her pretty face as I edit the videos.

When everyone was gone, I saw Roxanne. I drive to their house, but feeling disappointed when I see a red Lamborghini parked outside.

What the hell is Archer doing at Roxanne's house? Is he pursuing her again?

Dammit. I suddenly got jealous and angry. I remember, I heard Julia talking to Brooke that Archer broke up with his girlfriend. Is that because he wants to get back to Roxanne?

Fucking shit. I turn the car around and headed back home.

The following day, an unexpected visitor came to my house.

"What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." My father, the City Mayor, Oliver West, is standing at my doorstep.

"Aren't you afraid that people might see you? That won't be good for your image."

"I don't give a damn anymore on what people think." He says as he let himself in. He settled on the couch without my invitation. "I shouldn't have kept you a secret."

"Ha! Too long for you to realize, huh?" I let out a sarcastic laugh. He's my father, but I hate him for being so damn vain and insensitive.

I settled in the padded chair across from him. Waiting for him to talk and get done with his business.

"Your mom and I decided it was for your own good. The paparazzi would be all around you if they found out that you're my son. You won't live a normal life."

I did not live a normal life. I got bullied and degraded. Much worse, his other son did it.

"I'm sure there are paparazzi who follow you. They will wonder why you're here."

He waves his hand, "I told you I don't care anymore. Let them find out the truth. I was wrong to keep you a secret and I want to rectify that mistake."

"If this is all about your political campaign, then I'm out. I'm happy being out of your shadow."

"You really think the worst of me."

I chuckle, "I'm not proud of you. You not acknowledging me, lowered my self-esteem growing up. Damn, I remember that day, still so vivid in my mind. The rain was pouring so hard, and I was there outside your massive gates, waiting for you to come out. But your guards just sent me away. But now, I'm okay. I realized I don't need you at all. You've never been a father to me. You're a total stranger."

He sighs, and suddenly looks tired and older, "I can't blame you for hating me. I'm a terrible father. I deprived you of your rights as my son. My political ambition and greed, blinded me. I realized that now. And that's why I'm here, to ask for your forgiveness. I want to make up to you, Grayson. Please give me a chance to prove to you I regretted what I did."

"Wow. I can't believe that the great Oliver West comes here, begging for forgiveness. Do you know how many times I envisioned this to happen when I was a kid? Too damn much," I chuckle nastily, "What made you change your mind? I wonder... are you dying?"

"I hope you don't wish for that, but I'm not dying. I just want to correct my past mistakes, because... I'm not getting younger anymore, and all the years of this fame and fortune, did not really make me happy." The tone of his voice shrinking as he continues, "I shouldn't have left your mom when she was pregnant with you. Instead, I married Margaret. Just like me, Margaret loved power, fame and fortune. But we were never happy. Everything is a show. When I realized my mistake, it was too late. She blackmails me to ruin you and your mother if I divorce her."

"You don't have to tell me, it's none of my business."

"It is your business, because you're my son. You're my heir."

"No thanks. I don't need your money. I survived when I was a kid, much more now that I'm older."

"Of course you can. You're just like me, hardworking and perseveres. You won't stop until you achieve your goal. I've been monitoring your progress, and I can say you're doing good on YouTube now. I'm sure you'll make a lot of money from it someday."

"You don't have to flatter me. I don't need your compliments."

"I understand. I'm the last person you want to hear complimenting you. But I want you to know that I'm so proud of you. You grow up to be a better person."

"What is all this nonsense about? I'm sure you're very busy running the entire city, you don't have time for this drama. What do you want?"

"I'm... I'm seeing your mother."