[13] The Fight to be the Main Lead

On the way home, Taehyung looked at today's headlines - he was impressed with what he saw. Even Chanyeol was praising Y/N endlessly, "The madam is sure amazing!"

"In a moment, stop the car to buy a bunch of flowers. I want to congratulate her on her comeback," Taehyung instructed, "I want red roses..."

"Understood, president..." Chanyeol nodded - amongst such a happy atmosphere, he was going to hide a Durex in the bunch of red roses!

After Y/N released the scandal, SM and Jennie were forced to withstand the worst judgment they had ever experienced from the outside world. This was the biggest crisis faced by Kai since he first established SM. So his disgust and hatred towards Y/N was not simply a passing thought.

The higher-ups in the company immediately called for an emergency meeting. Kai even called his sister, who was living overseas, for help.

"Kai, I've already seen the news. Y/N has solid evidence. In regards to this incident, you didn't keep things hidden enough, that's why you allowed others to find evidence against you. But, don't be too obsessed with what's happened, you need to learn how to size up the situation. You need to make it clear, you are the boss of the company. No matter how popular Y/N is, she is just a model. Her fate is in your hands."

"Then Jessi(older sister), what should I do now?" Kai's mind was in a mess because of Y/N and Jennie.

"First of all, release a public statement with a sincere apology. State that you will treat Y/N respectfully from now on to appease the angry netizens. Also, support Y/N."

"But...there's no way Jennie will agree," Kai's head was hurting.

"I didn't tell you to give up on Jennie. I currently have a deal with an international magazine, we are still missing two Asian models. Arrange for Y/N and Jennie to attend the shoot together. This will prove their relationship isn't as bad as it seems. Plus, having them together will get discussions going. Although this magazine isn't one of the highest-ranked, at least it is a step into the international limelight, this will be beneficial towards Jennie's chances at the Top Ten Model Awards. This way, we are using Y/N's popularity to boost Jennie. Kai, remember, a crisis is also a turning point, as long as you take advantage of this, SM's fame will continue to rise."

After hearing Jessi's reminder, Kai was immediately enlightened. Older people were indeed wiser, "Jessi, I understand."

"After being with you for so many years, for Y/N to suddenly do so many things against you, you must have taken things too far. If you want to cheat, I will not judge - there aren't many pure-hearted people in the entertainment industry. I also do not expect you to be honest, but, why did you let Y/N find out? If you weren't my younger brother and if Jennie didn't have your child inside her, I would leave you to fend for yourself," Jessi warned. "This is the perfect chance - let them share a stage, let them lower each other's spirits. Jennie is so arrogant and domineering because of the way you spoil her."

"Jessi...she is carrying a child, I'm just worried she will receive too much stimulation."

"Also, Yuna is ready for the kidney transplant. Previously, Y/N was the only one that was a perfect match. After your scolding, would she still be willing to donate her kidney to our Yuna?"

Kai was startled, he had almost forgotten about this. They were 3 siblings: the oldest was Jessi who was a famous top-tier manager. 3 years ago she was scouted by an international company and had been living in America ever since. Kai was the second oldest and was introduced into the entertainment industry by his sister. The youngest was Yuna, because of a bad kidney plus young age, Yuna was often at the hospital for treatment.