[15] Turning the Tables

Y/N maintained her composure as she gently put on her sunglasses as nothing had just happened. At the same time, Jessi returned to the imposing manner of a top manager as she spoke to the three of them, "Y/N, since you just arrived in the US, go get some rest and adjust to the time difference. The driver will take you to the hotel. Kai, Jennie, and I have a family dinner to attend. You three, take care of yourselves."

Family dinner...

In other words, Jessi had already accepted Jennie as her sister-in-law.

To someone like Y/N, who was in a foreign land, without many resources and no connections to the media, it was easy for her to be at a disadvantage. Jessi obviously wanted Y/N to be at a loss.

However, there was one thing she had forgotten. 3 years ago, Y/N had appeared in a few big American commercials. Although she hadn't reached the pinnacle of her career, she wasn't completely alone.

"I haven't been to the US for a long time, I will go visit some old friends. In fact, I might stay with them while I'm here, you can cancel the hotel room," Y/N responded calmly.

"That's fine, but, when we contact you to come on set, you better be on time," Jessi nodded in approval.

During the entire time, Jennie remained silent, soaking in the joy of how Jessi was treating Y/N. It was so obvious that Jessi was picking on her...

But, no matter how much Jessi disliked her, for the sake of her younger brother, she held back a little.

Since she is now in the US, does Y/N still think she can make a comeback?

Jennie completely believed this was the break she'd been looking for.

Meanwhile, Jessi did have the intention to help Jennie...but did she really think it would be that easy?

After dealing with Y/N, Jessi left the airport with Kai and Jennie. After they left, Y/N phoned Taehyung, "Taehyung...have you gone far?"

"What do you think?" Taehyung had already instructed his driver to wait in a hidden location; he knew Y/N would find a way to get away from the others. He was right.

Y/N smiled to herself and waited quietly. In less than a minute, a Lincoln Limousine pulled up in front of her. The driver opened the door for her politely and welcomed her onboard in English.

 The driver opened the door for her politely and welcomed her onboard in English

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Y/N boarded the car with Rose and Seulgi. This was Rose and Seulgi's first time being so close to Taehyung.

However, neither of them had the courage to look at him directly...

...because only in front of Y/N would Taehyung reveal his rare gentleness, whereas, in front of everyone else, he was cold like ice.

"Are you bothered by the shoot with Secret?" Taehyung asked as he handed her a glass of red wine and gently brushed his hand through her long dark hair.