16 ~ Other People's Business

Adam quickly stood up and made his way to the Beta and the third in command.

"My office, now." He commanded and they disappeared into the hallway. I got up and started to follow them, but I was stopped as soon as I reached the hallway by a soft hand on my shoulder.

"What exactly do you think you're doing?" I spun around to see Sydney staring at me.

"I don't think that's a matter of your business," I replied.

"Listen here, mutt," She snarled. "Stay away from my boyfriend." I let out a fake laugh as I flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Or what?" I threatened. In a split second I was pinned against the wall, with her long nails pushing into my neck.

"Or I will take care of you myself." She stated, while smirking. I started to feel woozy and I brought my leg up and kneed her between the legs, as she fell to the floor. I placed myself on top of her and brought my hands to her neck, applying slight pressure so she couldn't speak.

"Looks like a certain puppy needs to learn to keep her nose our of other people's business," I hissed, as she let out a muffled sound. "Trust me, honey pie. Don't test me." I got up leaving her to pant for breathes, and I started to follow my mate's scent.

"Red?" I heard Ryan's voice.

"Don't worry about it," I shouted, as I started to jog.

Adam's scent lead to a large black door. I couldn't hear anything from inside, which worried me.

What happened to mate?! Nika asked as she started to panic.

I knocked three times on the door, and almost instantly, Cam opened the door.

"It's her," He stated. Adam took his place by the door and looked down at me.

"Look, you shouldn't be here." He told me. "I'll speak to you about it later"

"No," I replied. "Let me in." The Alpha smirked at me.

"Or you'll huff, and you'll puff, and you'll blow the house down?" He asked, humour filling his tone.

"Adam, please." I begged. "I want to be a part of whatever it is you're discussing, since I'm pretty damn sure it's me."

I looked him straight in the eyes and pouted. He wavered slightly, but he finally gave in, making space for me to enter the room.

"Alpha?" The Beta asked. "Why would you let her listen to such a discussion?"

"I just thought it would make more sense, since she is the topic of this discussion," He explained.

"You sure that's the reason?" Cam asked, eyebrows raised.

"Just do as I say!" Adam growled, suddenly impatient.

"Down, boy" I muttered, as I noticed Cam trying not to laugh.

"As we were saying," Adam stated.

"Wait a second," I interrupted.

"What now?" The Beta growled.

"Calm yourself," I told him, while rolling my eyes. "Should we really be discussing this all out in the open? I mean with werewolves around the whole building, can't they hear everything? And since I'm such a secret-"

"The walls are soundproof," Adam interrupted. "Now, as I was saying, the cat says she can't heal."

"And you believe her?" The Beta asked.

"Do we have much of a choice?" Adam asked in reply.

"We could force it out of her," the Beta explained. "You said gold was her weakness, let's see how harmful it can really be." I gasped at this, not expecting that reply.

"Don't you so much as dare lay a finger on her, or I will kill you." Adam growled in response.

"Alpha, why is she so important to-"

"Goddess, Duke, are you that blind?" Cam interrupted. "They're mates." The Beta's, who apparently was called Duke, face filled with shock.

"Mates?" He directed his question to Adam, who cleared his throat.

"Uhm, yes... I guess so," He replied.

"Guess so?" I asked, not satisfied with his reply. We were mates. There was no 'guessing' needed.

"This complicates things," Duke muttered.

"I know," Adam sighed, as I decided to stay quiet. He walked over to a desk with a computer, and sat down in front of it.

"I've got it," Adam whispered.

"Adam?" Cameron asked, as the three of us stared at my mate in confusion.

"The neighboring pack," he began. "If I remember correctly, one of their pack members is mated to a werecat."

"We were never told any of this." Duke replied.

"It was confidential," Adam replied. "As I was saying, maybe we can get them to-"

"Teach me?" I cut in.

"Yes," Adam replied.

"And if I say no?" I asked.

"Must you be so difficult?!" Adam shouted.

"Don't I have my rights?!" I replied.

"No, no you do not!" He growled back. "Considering you're a rogue, and so many packs would pay anything to get you, I think you should watch your mouth if you don't want me to sell you to one of the packs, who would probably treat you like utter shit!" He shouted. I could feel my eyes filling with tears, as I looked away from him.

"Now, where did I put that phone number?" Adam asked himself.

------------------------------------------

A.N:

Sorry for the late update, I'm still abroad so might not update in a while ( but 20 votes might help *hint hint* )

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x