48 ~ Kiss My Feet

"That's not what I meant." I hissed at Adam.

"That's what I heard," he shrugged. "It's your faith."

"Can we please discuss this a bit privately?" I whispered.

"These people are the most trustworthy people of this pack. And if you decide to become Luna, you'll have to tell them anyway. But if that's what you want..." The room fell silent.

"Alpha, if I may interrupt I need to discuss fighting techniques with you." Fiona stated.

I zoned them out as my thoughts filled me.

Did I want that responsibility?

Did I want to be locked to Adam and his pack?

Did I even trust them?

Oh c'mon, Nika moaned. Being Luna would be amazing and you know it. Besides, you remember how happy they all were to have you here. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms.

Lana? I asked for advice.

I do like the sound of being the leader of a bunch of brainless puppies... She mumbled.

Lana! Nika scolded.

What? She asked. It would give me sense of power. I could sense her smiling.

We can't take advantage of them, I said although I couldn't help letting out a small laugh. I hadn't realized that I had laughed out loud until all eyes were on me.

"What are you laughing at?" Duke asked.

"Just something my cat said," I blushed. "I'm gonna go think things over, and speak to my family. Thank you for letting me join this meeting." I smile at them. I got up but before I could walk away, Adam grabbed my hand and kissed it softly, the sweet gesture sending thrills down my spine.

"See you soon," he whispered. I nodded and asked Robin and Ryan if they wanted to stay. They shook their heads and followed me out of the office.

"You're gonna become Luna, right?" Robin asked as we walked down the hallway. I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"Of course you are," Ryan smiled. "I just know it."

"So you found a whelp?" Robin asked, changing subject.

"Yea," I nodded. I filled them in on all the details, and by the time I was done we had reached my parent's room. "Wanna meet her?"

"Well, duh!" Ryan exclaimed. I opened the door and almost instantly Pup jumped out of my mother's arms and came running towards us.

"Hey, sweetie." I picked her up and she licked my chin and whined, as though I had been gone for months. "I missed you too," I laughed.

"She's adorable," Ryan whispered with wide eyes. "Can I touch her?" I nodded, and he held out his hand for her to sniff before stroking her head. Robin did the same, and they both let out a giggle when Pup let out a cute yawn.

"So you want to explain what happened?" My mother, who was lying down on the beside my dad, asked.

"I'll see you guys later?" I looked at Robin and Ryan.

"Yep," they both said in unison, as they petted Pup one last time before leaving.

"Tell us everything," my dad said.

---------------------------------------------

I sat on the edge of the bed with Pup asleep in my clutch, finally taking a breath after explaining to my parents about the whole 'Luna' incident.