17 ~ A Handful

With the phone pressed to his ear, Adam waited for someone to answer the call.

"Yes, hello. This is Alpha Adam Brenesson from the neighboring pack, could you direct me to your Alpha?" There was a slight pause, and he then continued. "Do you know who you're talking to? Right, and do you think I feel like being put on hold? Right, so go call Alpha Stephan and tell him it's fucking important. No I don't want to wait, just do it. Thank you." I raised an eyebrow at his attitude and shook my head.

"Spoilt bastard," I muttered, knowing that the three of the men would hear me. Duke growled to defend his Alpha, but I just brought my index finger to my lips and let out a shh sound. "Can't you see he's on the phone?" I whispered sarcastically.

"Alpha Stephan, good..." He glanced at his watch, "afternoon. I wish to discuss a matter concerning one of your pack members, but I wish to keep all information I share private. Great, so here's the problem: I have found the spoken about werecat..."

As he began to give details about the situation, he made his way to the window and stared as he kept speaking about me not being able to heal.

What are we still doing here? I heard Lana mutter in my head, her faint voice filled with annoyance. Let's just leave.

I'm thinking of a plan. I explained. But trust me, I am not going go be able to withstand his arrogant behavior much longer. I felt Nika whimper in protest. Nika don't be ridiculous, I am not, and will not, be a slave. I don't care if he's my mate or not.

I looked up at Adam, as he stretched his exposed arm to scratch his head, flexing his biceps in the motion. I felt a sigh escape my lips before I could stop it. As much as I hated admitting it, he was pretty damn sexy.

I was snapped into reality by the sound of my mate's confused voice.

"Dead? Wait- half dead? How is that possible? Yes, I know about the gold." His eyes widened slightly at whatever the other Alpha had replied. "But he's alive? Alive enough to teach this one? Could you make agreements, and get back to me in the next couple of hours? Not later than four o'clock. Thank you for your time."

"So?" Cam asked.

"The werecat's alive," Adam explained. "But his cat is dead. The man is about two hundred years old, and the cat was killed with the use of gold when he was twenty five, when he was thought of as a threat."

I could feel my mouth slowly open in shock.

"So they just burnt the cat out of him?"

Adam wavered for a while. "Yes." He replied. "But he knew how to heal, so he might be able to teach you."

I looked away from my mate as I got up and made my way to the door.

"Where are you going?" Adam asked.

"To finish my breakfast," I replied. "I'm done speaking to you."

"Arguing with me, you mean." He replied. I looked back at him and narrowed my eyes.

"Arguing with you would probably be the only reason I would ever speak to you. What else would I say to such a hate filled person, anyway?" With that I walked out the door.

"Well, she's a handful." I heard Cam say before I slammed the door.

-----

I plopped myself back onto my seat at the kitchen table and started to eat my food. I hadn't as much as looked at anyone, as I didn't feel like any type of interactions. I don't think Ryan took the silence very well.

"What the fuck was that?" He whisper-shrieked, as I shrugged in response. "First you pin Sydney to the floor, then you run off to some kind of super secret meeting, now you're back and you're in a mood?"

"Can you blame me, with that thing bossing me around?" I snapped at him. "Freedom. That's what I'm used to, and that's what I suddenly lack. And I'm not too happy about it, so just let me eat in peace, kay?" And I threw a piece of croissant in my mouth, as I threw him a smile. He raised an eyebrow at me and shook his head.

"Hungry, huh?" Caleb asked when I had finished most my food. I hadn't noticed he was still sitting beside me as I nodded in response. "Well I'm not surprised with the amount of fighting you've been doing, you need the energy."

I let out a small laugh in response. "I guess you have a point," I said with a grin.

"So what brings you to this pack?" He asked. I wasn't sure what to reply, so I tried to keep my answer sarcastic.

"Oh, you know," I replied with a smile, "all the hot men caught my attention." He raised an eyebrow in response.

"Seen any that you might like in particular?" He asked.

Well the fact that my forever loving partner is in this pack, yea.

"A few," I replied with a grin.

"So you're unmated, then?" He asked. I wasn't sure what to reply.

If he want it to be a secret, at least I should be able to have fun with it. I thought to myself.

"Yep," I replied, popping the 'p'.

"Well then, we should hang out some time." He said while taking a bite from an apple, getting up and walking away. On the way out he turned to me and winked, and I returned the favor.

"Unmated?" Robin asked as she entered the kitchen. I hadn't realized she had left the room.

"Where have you been?" I asked. She grabbed my hand forcefully, causing the bracelet around my wrist to spin around. She pulled me into what seemed to be a storage room.

"Unmated?!" She exclaimed in a hushed tone.

"What seems to be the problem, officer?" I asked while smirking.

I'm so funny.

"If Adam finds out-"

"Fuck Adam!" I exclaimed, my humor gone. "He doesn't give two shits, why should I?"

"Because when he gets angry-"

"Yea, yea, I know he 'gets what he wants'." I sighed. "Just let me deal with it. I'm pretty sure I can handle Mr.Sunshine."

Robin looked up at me and after a few seconds of silence, we broke into a fit of giggles.

"C'mon," she said as she opened the door back into the kitchen. "I'll show you around."

---------------------------------------------

A.N:

Hello my lovely readers :')

Quick question:

Would you guys be interested in Adam's P.O.V? Please comment your replies, so I can make that happen if so!

Also, do you think we can get 35 votes for an early chapter? If not, I'll probably update in about four or five days, as I'm really busy lately!

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x