25 ~ Out of my Control

He motioned for me to jump into the bed by lifting the covers and making room. I immediately made my way to towards him and laid down beside my mate.

I felt calmer the second his warm body was next to mine. I nuzzled closer to his his chest, and he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Kitty Cat." He whispered into my ear.

"Good night, Alpha." I whispered back.

I woke up the next morning to his finger softly massaging my shoulder.

"Morning already?" I asked, and I heard him chuckle in reply.

"Why don't you stay asleep, while I get some work done?" He asked softly. I liked the idea, as I hadn't quite gotten used to the new routine of sleeping during the night, as I used to prefer hunting in the dark when I lived in the forest.

"Okay..." I whispered and I felt his soft lips on my cheek, as he slowly got out of bed. The small action sent shivers down my body, as I strained myself not to let out a moan of delight. I instantly missed his body, but I tried not to think about it too much as I drifted back into my dreams.

--------------------

"Wake up, Sweetheart." I was woken up by a beautiful sound.

"What time is it?" I asked while stretching my arms and yawning.

"Two o'clock in the afternoon." Adam stated.

"What?!" I said, jolting up into a sitting position. "Why did you let me sleep so long?"

"You looked so content asleep... I didn't want to wake you. But then I heard your stomach growl."

"Oh..." I was lost of words.

"Wanna go get something to eat?" He asked.

"Definitely," I said while smiling. I got out of bed and noticed the pile of clothes he was holding.

"I came prepared," he explained. "But you really need to go shopping."

"I havn't been shopping in years," I replied.

"We'll go this afternoon then," he said.

"Okay." I grabbed the clothes and planted a kiss on his cheeks. "I'll just go and get dressed," I whispered.

"Don't be long," he hushed back.

My Goddess, could he sound any hotter?

Everything felt calmer. I didn't know whether it was because of the date, or because of the mate bond getting stronger, but I felt closer and more relaxed around Adam.

After I emerged from the bathroom wearing a loose crop top and a pair of shorts, Adam and I made our way out of his room.

"We're not eating here?" I asked as I noticed him leading me away from the dining room.

"There's a little burger place about a five minute walk away. Is that okay?" he replied.

"Yes, yes! A million times yes!" I replied enthusiastically.

"Well someone likes burgers," he joked.

"I havn't had one in ages," I said while blushing, realizing what an idiot I must have looked like.

Oh well, at least now he knows about my passion for food...

"Then we better hurry, or they might run out." He said while winking.

As we turned round the corner Adam came to a sudden stop, before quickly regaining himself and grabbing my hand. About two seconds later I saw Sydney pass by with an angry, and slightly embarrassed, look on her face. Following her was a girl with light brown hair and dark brown eyes.