10

Dear Diary,

Another morning, another train of thought. All about Rhett Ryder.

Why couldn't he talk to me in front of them? Why can't he tell that slutty step-sister of his to shove it?

Ugh. Stop thinking about him.

I hurry into my bathroom and get ready to start my day. Perri must already be gone, because I woke up later than anticipated today. The time is now nine-o'clock, and her first class should already be starting.

I have only an hour to get ready and get to class.

I attempt to run a brush through my tangled hair, which proves to be a mistake. Instead, I gather it up into a messy bun and tuck the loose strands away. I am in no mood to impress anyone today, so I grab my white Nike tracksuit and head downstairs.

The sweater is much more fitted to me than the majority of my hoodies. It is all white, with a long black stripe coming down both of my sleeves, and a small Nike logo in the center of the sweater. My sweatpants are also very fitted. Normally, I enjoy a loose pair of sweats that I can feel comfortable in, but this tracksuit is classier than the rest of mine.

I make my morning coffee at home – instead of having to stop at the coffee house – and I make my way to my car.

Perri and I need to gather some more of our things by the end of the day today and head to the sorority house. Logan left me a text last night telling me that she will hand us our keys today when we get there.

I put a lot of thought into moving so soon. Mom will never know that we left, so long that I am aware when she decides to drop-by for a visit. That way, I can make my way back to the apartment and pretend that I've been there all along.

I also need to figure out the house-fee, and soon so that I can try and hide it from mom's eye. I do have my own account that I will most likely tap-into, but I need to be careful. An alarming amount of money being spent will notify my mother immediately.

She insisted.

**

As soon as my classes are over for the day, I enter the coffee shop and make my way towards Perri, who as I expected, has my drink in-hand and a seat saved.

I smile.

"I needed this. Thank you," I tell her before I grab the cup from her.

"You were quiet last night on the drive home. I figured it had something to do with Jasper being present. How did things go with Ryder?" she takes a sip from her cup.

I try to hide my sneer but Perri is a good judge-of-character, especially of mine.

"Tell me. I'll kill everyone."

"I don't know, Perri. I didn't come here to fall in love with somebody and get my heart broken again. I came here to learn and do well. I just want to be rid of the distractions," I tell her, truthfully.

"Is this you finally admitting to me that you're into Ryder?" my best friend asks, curiously, but with a knowing smirk on her face.

I roll my eyes at her. "One, his name is Rhett. Two, we kissed."

"One, Rhett is totally hotter. Two, you what!" she screams..

"Perri! Shh!" I whisper-shout.

"Sorry. Capri, why didn't you tell me?" she looks around and lowers her voice.