21

Dear Diary,

Last night, I returned to our apartment instead of the sorority, so that Perri and I could get a better night's rest in order to prepare for all of the work that Logan is demanding we do today. Two days from now, is the annual Halloween Bash, meaning that all hands are on deck for this evening's preparations at the abandoned farm or warehouse thing.

I think it's a factory...

All I know for sure, is that there is a field and creepy old building.

And. Tomorrow, is my birthday.

I had every intention of skipping breakfast, sleeping in, and enjoying the comfort of my own bed, but Perri insisted that I ride with her so that we could carpool to the campsite after classes. Naturally, this means that I had to wake up an hour earlier than I usually would, and walk-around campus looking like a zombie because my best friend's classes start at the ass-crack of dawn.

My own classes went by slower than usual today because of how anxious I've been over my costume for tomorrow night. I have a few ideas of how to put my costume together, but I still need to go out and grab some things. Oh, and enlisting Perri into doing my hair and makeup, of course.

Speaking of my best friend, she has been in a bitchy mood with me all morning, which I had hoped would stop by the time our classes were over, but I've been proven wrong.

She has non-stop blamed me for single-handedly ruining her time last night at Pogue's Pool Bar.

"I said I'm sorry!" I chase after my best friend before she can abandon me in the school parking lot. Suffice to say, she is regretting her decision of bringing me to campus with her this morning, because now she can't escape me.

Finally taking a moment to stop running away from me, Perri turns over and leans against her Ferrari before averting her eyes.

"It was so uncomfortable, Cap. She kept making weird faces at Jasper all night long! And then, just when you think it couldn't get worse, she was like all over her brother!"

Here we go.

"First, her and Jasper have been friends for some time now. I think she's allowed to look at her friend. Second, Rhett explained that he and she have a good relationship. He even went so far as to claim them as best friends." I roll my eyes when I think about mine and his conversation from last night, but it's all I can do to not broach the subject again.

"Well, I'm just saying that nobody is that close."

I laugh at Perri's insistence and climb into her stupidly-low car for the second time today.

"Drop it, okay? I want this thing to work out between us, and blabbing about the step-witch isn't going to help matters," I try and reason with her.

"Step-bitch is more like it," Perri smirks before peeling out of the student lot and onto the freeway.

"But, very well. I will drop it, but only because it's your birthday tomorrow. Are you as excited as I am?" she squeals.

"Perri Daniels. I meant it when I said that I don't want a party of any sort. Don't go and fail to surprise me, again." I point my finger in her direction.

"You are my best friend, Cap. If you think that I'm not going to make a big deal out of your birthday, then you're an idiot. Oh, and that party totally would've kicked ass if Connor hadn't opened his big mouth," she mopes.