• ¹⁴ •

"Does she know?" Cole asked handing the younger a cup of hot chocolate. It was like a ritual of both the friends to enjoy their night with drinking hot chocolate together combined with either a movie or their stressed talks.

"About what?" Noah said, taking a sip from his mug.

"Arrange marriage."

Noah shook his head, placing his mug on the table. He didn't even think about it. He was so happy and occupied with Rose, that he didn't feel the need to remember it. But Cole had to remind him about it. Remind him that his one month is going to end soon and he will soon be engaged. Also, that he have to tell Rose everything.

"Its too early to tell her."

"Noah, you have just left with another two weeks. Its obvious that you both have feelings for each other."

"I don't want to hurt her.."

"She will be more hurt when she found it from someone who isn't you."

"I trust her Cole. And she trusts me-"

"You are slowly breaking that trust Noah!"

"It will work out somehow. But not now."

"What's the use of relationship when there is jo trust?"

That's when it hit Noah. Just hearing those words felt like stab in the back. But, Cole has a point. If he doesn't tell Rose soon, he's slowly breaking the trust that they've built since they first met. Imagining himself break Rose's trust is a lot more painful then the thought of him about to leave her in two weeks.

But he's afrad to tell her. They both are just so happy with each other that he doesn't want to paint their happiness with sadness. He doesn't want to hurt her.

Noah received a message from Lia, who was asking him to meet so that they can talk about the engagement. He texted back asking her to meet him at the park instead of Cafe, as there are more chances of Rose being there. She often work on weekends for extra income.

The two met at the park and sat on the bench having a decent distance between them.

Noah started to text Rose, as boredom engulfed him, Lia wasn't saying anything either. He smiled at every text Rose send her, because knowing Rose, her replies are always cheeky and savage which can light up the mood of anyone. As in reality, she is just cute and lovable.

"Noah-"

"Oh finally you talked!" Noah replied, pursing his lips.

"Well I'd have done it before if you would have stop texting your girlfriend." Lia rolled her eyes, catching Noah off guard.

"How do you-"

"Its obvious. and don't worry I didn't tell anyone."

"Thanks." Noah somehow felft relieved.

"I have no idea what are you trying to do but you know you can't date her after the engagement right? Does she know?" Lia asked, earning a small No from the other.

"You can't just hide it from her." Lia turned her body towards him but the latter kept staring at his finger, playing with them.

"You have to tell him."

"I know."

"If Rose learned the truth fron someone else can you imagine the pain she will have to deal with?"

"What about me?! I'm in the most pain right now."

"Are you hearing yourself? you two are a coup-" Lia face palmed her face, sighing. "I can't believe I'm helping you. You two are each others comfort zone!"

"I can't just bring myself together to tell her. Everytime I'm wih her it's just perfect. I am scared I will ruin it all.

Lia stood up, turning towards the older. " I don't know anything you have to tell her a soon as possible or don't say that i didn't warned you."

Noah nodded as Lia took her leave. He walked back to his apartment. Mind swirling with thousands of thoughts.

As soon as he entered the house, he was gretted by the smell of pasta which probably Cole cooked.

"You're back early?"

"I will be in my room."

But before Noah could even get to his room, he felt his legs and body going numb. Soon the numbness rise to his body making him collapse.

"Shit! Are you okay?" Cole ran towards him, droping the cutleries.

"Yeah It's just the switch I guess."

Cole helped the younger to get up, carrying him to the couch. Noah layed on the couch, covering his eyes from his hand. He was happy taht he will get too se Rose's Vision.

But then he realized something.

"The switch didn't happened." Noah said, rubbing his eyes.

Cole offered him a glass of water, which he thankfully accepted.

"Did you feel numbness before the switch?" Noah asked the older, doubtfully.

"I am not sure. usually it's dizziness."

"Maybe Because I'm not sleeping properly these days.

"Is it the first time you felt numbness?" Cole asked.

"hmm-" Noah rubbed the back of neck. "I think It's like the second time. First time was when I was in Canada but I didn't collapse."

"You should rest for a while, and no need to come to school tomorrow If you don't want to yeah?" Noah nodded and walk to his room.

Just as he lay down, his phone went off indicating a call.

"Hello? Noah? How are you?" Rose chirped, as soon as the older accepted the call.

That was al he needed. To forget everything and be happy.

But he knew, this isn't all.

~•~
Do vote and comment!