• ¹⁵ •

Noah doesn't show up at school the next day but he went to work at the Cafe that afternoon, to see Rose too. It's another happy day for both Noah and Rose, they're always chatting while working and are always playful with each other. Noah would playfully steal kisses from his girlfriend and would caught her blush whenever he did.

Rose enjoyed these moments, she loves the feeling she always gets whenever she's with
Noah. Her boyfriend.

While Noah's cleaning up the counter, he suddenly feels dizzy and slumps to the ground. Rose notices it and immediately attends the older.

"Noah?" She called out.

Noah shut his eyes and clasps his hands over his ears. He opens his eyes and he know what's happening.

The 'switch.

However, he's seeing someone very familiar
through his vision. He knows well that Rose is beside him so he expected to see himself. But no, he sees a tall man, looking around his 40s who he knows too well.

Lia's dad.

"What the-" he mumbled to himself.

"It couldn't be..' Noah thinks to himself. 'The
change?'

"Noah?" Rose called out again and Noah looked
back at the younger who looks worried. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Without thinking, Noah wrapped his arms around the latter's waist, pulling her into a hug. Rose was confused with the sudden gesture but she hugs the older back, stroking his hair in reassurance.

"I'm okay. Just tired." Nosh said, but he was too confused about the situation. He didn't want to tell her anything because he wanted to confirm the situation. He questions everything that had just happened to him. Was it really the 'change'? But, him and Rose have been together for quite a while. And Rose's his soulmate, why would it change when they were together? Wasn't it a myth? Or at least the possibility of it should've been low. Has his soulmate really changed? It's Lia. And no longer Rose?

Noah placed his head in the crook of Rose's neck. The younger comforts the older as she suddenly feels the fabric of her clothes slowly becoming damp. Noah whimpered and lets out soft sobs as Rose shushed him and continues to caresses him. She doesn't know what and why the older is crying so the only thing that she could muster up to say to Noah is;

"I'm here for you. Forever and always."

~•~
Seeing how Noah couldn't hold himself up, Rose asked the older to rest at home while she closed the store. Noah was reluctant at first, but Rose insisted. Even though Rose wanted to know the reason, he knew that when Noah is ready, he'll tell. Noah kissed Rose's forehead before leaving the bakery and back to his apartment. He feels heavy every step he takes, but what pains him the most is that the unexpected has happened. He couldni't think clearly, he's so clueless on what to do, he doesn't know how to change the 'change. Just when he's already falling for Rose, his soulmate changes.

'Ah, is this karma? Is this how Liam felt when he found out Rose was his soulmate? Is that what's happening? Is that why the 'change' happened? To hurt me?' He thought.

Noah reached his apartment and the moment he steps in, he sees Cole and lunges over him. Cole felt confused but then Noah started to break down again. Cole helped the latter to sit on the couch, waiting until he calms down so that they can properly talk.

"What happened?" Cole asks.

Noah's mouth feels heavy, even when he did open his mouth, the words just don't seem to come out, only the tears threatened to spill. He feels trapped. He feels suffocated.

"The 'change' happened" Noah said, a crack visible in his voice as he cries again.

"What?" Cole immediately hugs the younger, stroking his back. "How? Are you sure?"

"it's no longer Rose"

"Then, who?"

"Lia."

"Oh Noah!" Cole tightened his hug, feeling the pain of the latter. "Does Rose know?"

"No. I can't tell her. It'll ruin us. Shit, Cole Everything's slowly falling apart"

"No, no, no. Well find a way. There always is."

Noah sobs harder and clenches the back of his
Friend.

At this point, Noah's blaming himself for
everything. From the first time they made the deal about the 'change, and with the situation with Liam, he thinks its hardcore karma slowly killing him, for falling for someone's loved one.

~•~