• ²² •

One year later

"Happy belated birthday Liam!" Rose exclaims as she hugs her best friend.

"Thank you! Wish you were there with me though." Liam says with a pout.

Rose just smiled apologetically."I was busy, I'll make it up to you later, okay?"

Liam nods. Just as the two were about to go to class. A girl's voice calls out for Liam.

Oh! Lara!" Liam looks back at Rose and the latter nods. Liam skips towards Lara and Rose leaves for class.

It's been a year since Noah left, Rose's life has never been so lonely. Liam and Rose are no longer a couple, apparently their break last year was their last.

But they rermained as best friends and it was the best decision for the two since it they're literally attached to the hip. Liam turned eighteen two days ago and he found Out his soulmate is his current girlfriend, Lara.

Oh? It's August? Rose's birthday was in May?
What about her?

Well, When Rose turned eighteen, nothing, literally nothing happened to her. She doesn't experience those seizure like things like everybody else when they have the switch. She doesn't have a soulmate, she thinks hell probably live with cats until she dies single.

Lia was also last seen last year. She had to
transfer to another school for model since her career is rising. No one knows about her engagement to Noah, it'll only cause a ruckus in the entertainment industry.

As for Cole and Lexi, they're always there to
accompany Rose. Cole, Lexi, Liam and
Rose would always have a gathering every weekend, just normal chit chatting or watch a movie or just random shopping, whatever they felt like doing.

As for Noah, well, nothing. Rose did try searching for the latter but to no avail. Even if she doesn't have a soulmate, her  feelings for Noah are stil strong. She still sleeps with the bear plushie that Noah won for her, and she never takes off the bracelet. She also keeps the letters posted on his wall, anything to make her remember Noah.

'Move on' That's what they say.

But Rose refuses to do so, not until she has a
Soulmate.

Noah on the other hand enrolled in a Business
School in America where he's studying Business. He's one of the top students and he's balancing both academics and his internship in his father's company very well.

Last year he was engaged to Lia for the sake
of the business, but they don't talk much. All he knows that he's relieved that his parents aren't talking him into marrying yet.

Noah still wears the bracelet and never takes it off. His parents question him, telling him it doesn't look formal as an accessory whenever they're in the company but, He doesn't give a shit. Some of his friends in university ask him about it too.

"It connects me with the love of my life." He would tell them.

No one knows that he was engaged, so girls and boys would confess to him and ask him out. But he rejects them all, because every time someone comes up to him, he'll look at his bracelet and remember Rose. He still feels the pain of leaving her just like that.

He also feels sorry for not contacting anyone from home, not Cole, not even Rose. He still experiences the 'switch' with Lia and she has them too. Although, the feelings are one sided for her.

He always wonders if Rose ever read the letters and always imagines her reactions. Every day, he craves for the younger's presence. He wants to wrap his arms around her, hear her cheeky remarks and steal kisses like he always does. But he can't.

Rose probably already moved on and he has to.

~•~
Boom!!

Do vote and comment.