Homework Help and Dance Competitions

Natsuo looked up from his notebook to his girlfriend. "Hey. Do you know how to do this plot thing?"

"Would love to tell you, babe. But I have no idea," Han quipped back as she stared directly at his notebook, sipping at her large iced coffee.

Natsuo groaned as he stared down at the last example in his homework worksheet the statistics teacher gave all of them right before class ended. The worksheet had more definitions and small examples from the previous chapter to make sure they still knew how to do the problems even after the test.

But the last problem was a normal distribution problem that she barely even covered before class had ended.

And now, Natsuo was sitting with his girlfriend as they both tried to do some work in tepee break between their classes. Natsuo's dancing history class didn't start for another hour and forty minutes while Han's next criminal justice class didn't start for another hour.

Han planned a small break for both of them in between their classes for some days out of the week to have some quality time spent together. And Natsuo would be the first to arrive, waiting for Han with her ice coffee order waiting for her.

And now he was glaring at the worksheet on top of his notebook page. "I might know someone who can help out with this."

Natsuo dug into his backpack to retrieve his phone and discovered he still had the banana attached to it. With a sigh, he didn't bother to unhook the attachment and clicked on his dad's contact

After only two rings, Hisashi picked up, "Hey, Natsuo! I'm guessing you're out of class by now if you're calling."

"Hey dad. Yeah, I'm between classes right now. Anyway, I need your help with something," Natsuo answered back, glancing at Han to see her reading from her textbook while she drank her coffee. The sweet foam and drizzle on the top is nearly gone already.

There were sounds of shuffling over the phone right before Hisashi cleared his throat, "Shoot."

"It'll be easier to send a photo then actually explain what's happening on the page. Give me one second," Natsuo paused, reaching for his phone to take a picture of the worksheet laying down on his notebook. She shifted the camera to focus and made sure the sunlight hit the paper just right before taking the picture. It took several seconds for him to select the picture and send it directly to his dad. "Okay. I sent it through text."

"Oh, I see from the photo. Just give me a second to figure this out," Hisashi said, lowering his voice as Natsuo heard him scramble for a pen on the other side of the phone.

"Alright. You just have to find your way through the distribution part. It looks like a normal distribution to me. It gets easier with practice," Hisashi explained over the phone. "Anyway the area will equal the same amount as the probability. So you have to cut the probability in half so you can see the area between the two numbers on the graph."

"Wait what?" Hisashi explained again without a fuss until Natsuo got a grip onto what he was saying. "Oh, that's where I was messing up. Thanks for the help, dad."

"No problem," Hisashi replied with ease. I can also send some videos, but I feel like you could find them really easily."

"Yeah, I can find them later on," Natsuo agreed with a grin, glancing over to see Han tracing over a picture in her textbook with a translucent sticky note.

Hisashi hummed over the phone, the sound of computer typing like white noise in the background, "Did the teacher not explain this?"

"This teacher didn't really explain that well," Natsuo responded. "She only uses this slideshow and she expects you to pick it up almost immediately even though she didn't do anything to explain it."