Christmas Special

Tenko and Toya was dealing with a villain in downtown Musutafu for their late morning patrol. It was Christmas Eve and the two scheduled for a mostly free Christmas holiday to spend with their family. It was nearing the end of their patrol when they were sent to deal with a group of villains in a gang that was holding people hostage in a jewelry store.

"To you left, Nova!" Phoenix called out before punching a low level thug that came to close. He aimed a flame fist towards the thug who tried to tangle hostages back into their spot.

Tenko, aka Nova, threw his attacker over his shoulder. He narrowed his eyes at two thugs who were aiming to escape. He took off his left glove with his teeth while the other held down his attacked. His left hand disintegrated a telephone in half that landed on the two thugs who tried to run away from the hero fight. "Thanks, Phoenix! Watch out!"

Phoenix took a trash can lid to the head before looking over his shoulder with a glare. Hisattacker tried to hurriedly escape before Phoenix threw up a ring of fire that trapped him with the attacker. He even captured more of the thugs inside the circle to help out Synthesis as she guided the hostages out of the store. "Nice call, Nova. Let me take care of these guys."

"Thanks for the help, Phoenix!" Synthesis called out, using her vines to shield the hostages away from any thugs nearby. One of the men charged forward with a knife, but Synthesis tripped them with her grass. He fell to the floor with a cry, slamming his face into the ground.

Synthesis allowed her sidekick friends to take away the hostages as she apprehended the man after sliding the knife away with her foot.

Tenko passed the three thugs over to another hero before he saw the main villain heading for his brother. He glared before glancing down at the rope on his waist. He grinned as he got an idea.

Tenko sneaked over while he surveyed his target. He was right behind his target as he grew closer to his brother with his blue fire slowly being diminished as he took down the multitude of men.

"Hey, big guy. Look over here, got an early gift for you." Nova called out, drawing the attention of his target. He maneuvered his rope with his hands, lighting it on his brother's blue fire. "Surprise!"

His target's eyes widened as he whipped the rope around the villain's foot, yanking it up to trip him up. The villain's eyesight was blurred when his head hit the ground, they were seeing double.

The villain's eyes began to focus when he saw four figures coming over to him. His sight started to clear, showing that it was Phoenix and Nova approaching him.

"Gotcha," Nova said with a bright smile that matched Phoenix's sadistic grin.

*

The two brothers dealt with the police reports afterward before returning to the hero agency to change into civilian clothes. After everything was taken care of, the two brothers were walking with their hero costumes in special duffel bags.

"Phew! That was a work out. Can't wait to get home." Tenko said, stretching his arms over his head as he walked with his older brother.

Toya nodded with a dry chuckle, "I know. Also, where did you learn that move that you did with the rope?"

Tenko looked at his brother with a tilted head, "Remember? I did an internship with Midnight. She taught me how to use some whip-like moves and to use my disintegration in a more creative way with my surroundings."

"Oh right!" Toya responded before asking, "Wait, who taught you the parkour moves?"

Tenko replied, "Same as you. I also had an internship with Eraserhead in my second year. Midnight was in my third. I think Present Mic was in my first ..."