The Promise

The teacher stood at the front of the class, "I could pass out some career tests but.. why bother? I know all of you want to be heroes!"

The whole class cheered while showing off their quirks while Izuku wrote in his notebook about the fight before school he saw. It was a shame that he didn't get to see Kamui Wood's power move just because Mount Lady made her debut. But hey, at least that's one more hero to add to the notebook even though it kind of seemed like she was planning on stealing the spotlight to make her debut bigger.

The teacher made the class calm down before Bakugo added,"Hey teach, don't lump me in with these losers. I'm the real deal, these guys would be lucky to end up as some sidekicks to some busted up old D-lister."

Bakugo ignored the comments towards him acting too cocky by several classmates. "Oh, you wanna fight? Come on, I can take you all on no problem."

Izuku sighed as the teacher praised Bakugo on his good grades. He heard the teacher talk about Bakugo having a very good chance of making it into the hero course at UA. The class began to whisper to themselves about the famous UA and how it's impossible to get into.

The class began talking amongst themselves as Izuku remembered that Bakugo soundly be the first one out of this high school to be in UA. In fact, he remembers just last year when Himiko started her first year at UA. Goodness, he missed how she would basically be like a protective older sister beat him. She would threaten anyone who tried to mess with him, especially Bakugo. When she left, Bakugo resumed his taunts and bullying towards him since his 'bodyguard sister' wasn't there to protect him every moment of the day.

"UA is the only place worthy of my power! I aced all the mock test. I'm the only one at this school who stands a chance of getting in."

The classmates looked to one over p, knowing there was someone else just as powerful as him in the next classroom down the hall and how someone from here had already made it in.

Bakugi bragged, "I'll end up more popular and stronger than All Might! People all across the world will know who I am! And it all starts at UA!"

"Oh yeah, Midoriya. Don't you want to go to UA high too?" The teacher commented, eyeing his papers.

Izuku froze at his desk, silently cursing the teacher for saying it out loud. Only a few seconds passed before everyone was laughing at him. Izuku groaned, hurriedly stuffing his notebook into his bad as Bakugo crept closer to him.

"Listen up, Deku. You are even worse than the rest of these extras here, you quirkless wannabe. You really think they would let someone like you in?" Bakugo asked, glaring at Izuku while he backed him up against the classroom wall.

Izuku replied, "Well, I mean, my older brothers had already graduated from there and my sister is going to start her second year soon. It wouldn't hurt to try to get in."

"You'd never be able to hang out with the best of the best! You'll probably die in the entrance exam, Deku!" Bakugo ridiculed, looking down at Deku.

The class laughed before they continued their lesson. Izuku sat back in his chair and did his best to ignore the stares. While somewhere else, All Might had begun a chase on a sludge villain that had just committed a robbery.

*

"Wow. The fight from this morning is all over the news. Might as well write some notes down really quick before meeting up with Shoto." Izuku whispered to himself, taking his notebook out of his bag only for it to be snatched up by Bakugo.

"I don't know what you're thinking you're doing, but we aren't done here." Bakugo threatened.

"Wow, does that say Hero Analysis for the Future? What a dweeb! That's so pathetic!" One of Bakugo's groupies said, making the other snicker.