Sunrise

Many centuries ago, magic jewels wielding extraordinary powers were created. These were called the miraculous. Throughout history, heroes have used these jewels for the greater good of the human race. In the Chinese miracle box, there are two miraculous more powerful than the others; the earrings of the ladybug which provide the power of creation, and the ring of the black cat which grants the power of destruction. According to legend, whoever wields both these jewels at the same time can achieve ultimate power. This ultimate power could both save the world, and destroy it.

Unfortunately, seemingly no one knows where they are. Hidden for a millennia, the jewels of the Chinese miracle box have been long forgotten by the outside world. Erased from memory completely, their origins are unknown.

There are many miracle boxes in existence–generally one created for each region or continent. Most, however, were either destroyed or hidden for good. The two known and remaining in existence are that of the Chinese and the North American box. And even still, little is known about their power.

Each box contains about nineteen individual miraculous, arranged in their order of power. The miraculous themselves are each tied to their own higher immortal being called a kwami. The kwamis protect their miraculous and the powers they wield to ensure that chaos does not unfold and destroy the earth. The jewels are sacred, and must be kept from any harm or evil. In addition to the kwamis, each box was given a guardian to be passed down from generation to generation to ensure their safety.

The Chinese miracle box had an unfortunate mishap. Its guardian failed to protect it, and two of its jewels were stolen; the brooches of the peacock and moth. Of all the powers to lose sight of, the loss of the two brooches would be fatal. With the brooch of the moth possessing the ability to grant people any form of power, and the brooch of the peacock being able to create monsters, death and destruction were surely not too far around the corner.

Terror shall ensue.

***

Master Fu was no simple man. He prided himself on his grace and elegance, though he was beginning to now grow old and his body was finally catching up to his age. He had a troubling past that he spoke about with no one, even going so far as to hide himself from the eyes of the world. No one was allowed to know who he truly was, or what he had done. Not even himself.

Fu was the guardian of the Chinese miracle box. He believed that for its safety, taking it away from Asia would be best. He wanted to bury it, just as he hid his mistakes. So to Paris he fled, and in Paris he stayed.

He didn't like the idea of living in one place for so long. He felt he needed to move away again, just for extra measure of the box's safety. But this was the place where he lost the brooches of the moth and peacock, and he could not leave until he found them again.

"Master!"

Master Fu jolted up from his writing. He enjoyed poetry and found that writing as often as possible kept his mind young. He looked to the voice, a being by the name of Wayzz. Wayzz looked like a normal man–except for the fact that he was incredibly tall–but in truth, Wayzz was no human. He was the kwami of protection, and also managed to be the closest to Master Fu, as Fu wielded his miraculous jewel.