The Fox meets the Tiger

Alya Cesaire was shot out of the tunnel as soon as the subway got to the next station. She was encased in Carapace's force field, but it didn't keep her from bouncing around her hitting her head against the interior. She startled what few civilians remained in the station when she flew into the opposite wall and after bouncing around and rolling across the floor for a bit, she finally came to a stop. Tattered and bruised, her nose was bleeding so much she stained her favorite shirt. She lay motionless in the forcefield, staring at the subway station lights hanging over her head with a dead gaze, questioning what was real or not.

After some time another subway came racing through, followed by some silence. A while had passed by and eventually, Carapace came crawling out from the tracks and onto the platform. His clothes were torn and he was bleeding all over. After being hit by a train, the only reason he survived was because he'd summoned his power of shield to endure such a thing. He didn't say a word as he dragged his sore body to Alya and collapsed next to her, releasing her from the force field.

Alya found the strength to get up and clasped her hands over her mouth. No one was in the station. It was just the two of them, bleeding out and too sore to get help. Carapace had closed his eyes, and blindly, he found her hand with his and held onto it.

"I-I was so scared," he croaked out, "that I didn't get y-you in the force f-f-field in time."

"Th-thank you."

"Volpina lied. Sh-she lied about everything."

"I know."

"I-I-I'm sorry th-this was how we found out y-your identity," Carapace said, his voice fading away.

"It's alright," Alya said, brushing her hands through Carapace's hair, "it's not like I didn't know yours already."

"What?" His eyes flew open and alarm.

"Shh," Alya trembled, "I've known for a while, Nino."

Carapace let out a breath, almost in relief, "for how long? H-how long have you known?"

"Since the bubbler incident. I watched you get akumatized, and then I witnessed the Bubbler reveal he was Carapace. I'm sorry I never told you."

"So that's why you were so weird around me after that. Too bad. I like being Carapace better." Carapace chuckled. He slowly pried himself away from the floor. They made eye contact in a moment that lasted forever.

"Nino Lahiffe is pretty cool too," Alya said.

"Well this is just embarrassing," Carapace said shyly. "I basically admitted I had a crush on Rena Rouge to you the other week, and all this time, you knew who I was."

"That's what you're concerned about right now?" Alya chuckled weekly.

"Well I'm embarrassed!"

"Don't be!" Alya said, scooting closer to him and pulling him into a hug. "Rena Rouge sort of maybe had a crush on Nino Lahiffe too."

"R-really?" Carapace asked in awe.

"Well, not really sorta. I like sitting with you in class. You made all my days better. It made my whole leg situation so much better. I guess Alya likes Nino too."

"What about Carapace?"

"Carapace too," Alya chuckled. They stayed in the hug for a while, melting into each other, too sore to move.

"I should get you somewhere safe," Carapace said.

"No. Take me to the kwami sanctuary. I'm not done with this fight yet."