New York - A Bee With the Sting of a Wasp

A/N This is the start of the New York special! I'm moving the chapters over here so people don't panic. (They used to be in their own seperate book but that was confusing everyone so here we are).

Cover:

Chloe Bourgeois was really good at minding your business

And she isn't rooting for you, either.

For an unusually long amount of time, Chloe had been staring at Marinette across the classroom. Being seated at the front row with Marinette in the second, across the aisle separating the desks, Chloe had herself contorted into a misshapen angle because Marinette's business was her business.

Ever since Alya's identity as Rena Rouge had been compromised to the Miracle Team, Chloe had been suspicious of Marinette. She didn't know what she was supposed to be suspicious of but something was certainly suspicious and Chloe didn't like it. She also didn't like Marinette. Or Alya. Chloe didn't think it was that hard to keep an identity secret. Of course she sympathized with Rena Rouge, now called Tigre Rouge after the fox miraculous was lost and Alya replaced it with the tiger. However, Chloe most certainly did not sympathize with Alya Cesaire and her little sidekick, Marinette Dupan-Cheng. Chloe had been Queen Bee for two months now, almost three, and no one knew her identity because she was actually good at doing her job as a superhero.

...Well... Almost nobody knew. Chloe may or may not have received her miraculous right in front of Adrien. Adrien had known since the very git-go that Chloe was Queen Bee. But that was fair to her because she now knew he was Chat Noir. The best way to keep a secret is to tell no one but no one doesn't mean you can't tell your best friend.

Point is, Chloe couldn't figure out if Marinette knew Alya was a vigilante or not, and if so, was she in on the gig? Was Marinette possibly Hawkmoth? Yes, Chloe knows that's a ridiculous question to ask but she wholeheartedly accepted it as a possibility. Marinette was annoying, loud, too eccentric, ugly, oftentimes rude to her friends, and thought she was better than everyone else because she was unique and different. She could totally be a villain. How else would Hawkmoth and Volpina know Rena's identity? It had been weeks since the incident and the Miracle Team (that's what the group of heroes–Chat Noir, Ladybug, Queen Bee, Tigre (Rena) Rouge, and Carapace–decided to call themselves) still hadn't figured out how Volpina cracked her identity. And speaking of Volpina, they still hadn't caught her. She hadn't reappeared, therefore they hadn't gotten the fox miraculous back, therefore it was lost, and in addition to all that, Hawkmoth hadn't akumatized someone in weeks. Lila Rossi also wasn't in class on the first day back to school after Christmas break.

"Chloe, you better look away before it gets weird," Sabrina urged Chloe. Sabrina was Chloe's other best friend, aside from Adrien. Chloe was pretty sure Sabrina secretly hated her.

"Shut up Sabrina," Chloe hissed, glaring at Marinette who was now glaring back.

"Seriously Chloe, what are you doing?"