Repairing the Broken

"Chat Noir! You're alright!" Ladybug exclaimed, practically running to greet him upon the rooftop of the school. In her embrace he found comfort and ease.

"Yeah, yeah, I am!" Chat Noir said, muffling himself with the crook of her neck.

"Let me see it," she said after a moment, pulling away from him. Chat Noir's sleeves were bulky so he ended up taking off his jacket as she insisted. He offered her his bare wrist, discovering that where the break had formed there was now a thin cracked scar which wrapped around his wrist. It looked old, as if he'd had it there for years.

"Oh thank god," she said with a slight shutter. "Is the rest of you alright? There were some cracks before..."

Chat Noir looked down at the rest of himself, making sure there were no other newly discovered scars

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Chat Noir looked down at the rest of himself, making sure there were no other newly discovered scars. There were none, and he was in perfect shape.

"Then that means... Do you think Aljara could have survived?" Ladybug asked with hope. Chat Noir shook his head.

"Rena's leg did not return. It must be a game of chance or perhaps... well, she was ok with the idea of losing it, and maybe your magic was able to sense that? She looks visibly better now than I've seen her before. Like... relieved, you know?"

"She lost her leg?"

"Yes."

"Like, lost lost?"

"It's gone. Just looks like an amputated limb now."

"My god..." Ladybug muttered to herself. "So Aljara..."

"Shattered into a million pieces. And Fraay formed above her, which could only mean her life had been lost, allowing Fraay to be released..."

"Fraay," Ladybug shivered, "what has she done?" Ladybug looked to the sky swarmed with locusts so thickly they almost appeared to be clouds. It was still raining. "Why would she curse us?"

"Plagg told me that kwamis, despite existing for the good and balance of the world, have... a different set of values," Chat Noir explained, "you know how we're out here fighting to protect Paris and keep the people safe from Hawkmoth? The kwamis are only motivated by the desire to reunite with their friends. Their perception of death and fatality is much different from ours. Which I suppose would happen when you're immortal. The concept of human lives being so short only means that they'll grow attached to wielders who only exist for a mere moment in their life. They don't have attachments to everyone else like that, which is why they're so oriented to each other."

"So in Fraay's anger she released her wrath on the world as punishment..."

"Yeah..."

"There's still a chance Aljara is alive though, right?" Ladybug asked hopefully.

"I doubt it."

"Lets just check and make sure. Whoever was under that mask..."

"You're right," Chat Noir nodded. The two then bounced back to the court, abandoning Chat Noir's jacket on the roof. They found the area where Aljara had fallen, expecting to see her in a million pieces. Instead, they saw a dead girl laying flat on her back, the mournful faces of Queen Bee and Juleka Couffaine standing over her in somber distress.

Miracle Box - an MLB rewriteजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें