Love of the Black Cat

"Is that..."

"Oh shit!" Chat Noir screamed, wavering his hands over Ladybug's shoulders, unsure of what to do with himself. The fabric area around her collar bone had been ripped open and her flesh beneath was raw and bubbling. Ladybug's face looked utterly horrified, her mouth hanging open in terror. Chat Noir's hands trembled. He wanted to help but was afraid of hurting her with his touch.

"What happened?" the girl that was once Stormy Weather said, sitting up with a dazed look on her face. She hadn't taken notice of Ladybug and Chat Noir yet.

"W-we need to take you to a hospital!" Chat Noir said to Ladybug.

"No!" Ladybug exclaimed, "no one can know our identities!" Tears clung to her eyes, threatening to fall. Her lips trembled, though the rest of her body was stiff.

"Th-this can't be happening!" Chat Noir stammered. "Shit, shit, shit, what do we do?!"

"The... the miraculous..." Ladybug's knees buckled beneath her and she lost her ground. Chat Noir managed to catch her, allowing her to use him as a crutch. "The lucky charm..." she pointed weakly to the towel which was now laying uselessly on the ground.

"Hold on," Chat Noir said, still not letting go of her. He gently sat her on the ground, grabbing the towel and pressing it against her collar firmly. Ladybug grit her teeth in pain. There wasn't much blood coming from the wound, as most of it had been burnt to her skin. But still, it looked incredibly painful.

"Wh-who- you- you're the superheroes from yesterday!" the girl said from the ground.

"Are you ok?" Chat asked, as Ladybug took the towel in her own hand.

"What's going on?!"

"You were akumatized," Chat said, looking back to Ladybug. He helped prop her back against the cashier counter so that she wouldn't have to hold herself upright. "Are you ok now?"

"Akumatized?! I was like- that monster yesterday!?"

"Um... yeah. I guess."

"Oh my gosh, did I do that to her?" The girl clasped a hand over her mouth, looking at Ladybug in an upset.

"Sort of... yeah..." Chat looked around for anything to help with the wound. But alas, they were in a thrift shop. "Can you run and get help?"

"Y-yeah- is she gonna be alright?!"

"She'll be fine, but please, hurry!"

The girl got up and ran out through the rubble of what used to be the front of the shop. Chat Noir looked back to Ladybug who was squeezing her eyes shut in pain. He didn't know what to do. He'd never been in a situation like this before. It had never occurred to him until now just how dangerous this role was. Even superheroes could die, and now he was aware of the great risk he'd be taking from then on.

"Maybe the miraculous ladybugs can help?" Chat suggested.

"Maybe..." Ladybug grit her teeth, "but if they don't, then I have nothing to put pressure on the wound."

"If that happens, we can use one of the shirts from the shop. It'll be fine, we just have to try," Chat Noir assured.

"I-I don't know... I'm scared, what if it doesn't work? A-and we'll both transform back to our civilian selves soon. What if it becomes more painful?"

"I promise I will help you," Chat said, "just try. Please."

"O-ok," Ladybug grunt, fixing her sitting. She removed the towel, revealing the harsh burns from the lightning. "L-luck- lucky charm!" she exclaimed, tossing the towel into the air. Immediately, the magical ladybugs dispersed from the towel, leaving it nonexistent. The shop began fixing itself, the billboard rising off the ground and disappearing over the roof above. The flood water vanished, and all seemed to be mended as it had been before.