Epilogue

This book must end on an even numbered chapter: thirty-eight. Thirty-seven just won't do. That's right, this is the end. "The End" the end. But do not worry! Miracle Box will return when a few of the characters, perhaps even Marinette and Adrien's whole class, go to New York for a rewrite of the New York special which will explore the North American Miracle Box and introduce some new heroes to the team. Endings are sad, and quite frankly, this isn't the happiest one. It's a cliffhanger, DUN DUN DUN!!! So just keep reading this fic and don't worry about it.

With Dusuu now awake, the heroes realized that every new attack from Hawkmoth was going to be more powerful and threatening to the city of Paris. Hawkmoth had more power, yet for some reason, he wasn't using it. He was remaining silent. Christmas break was silent. Parisians were already rejoicing, foolishly ASSUMING the Miracle Team (that's what they decided to call themselves) had defeated Hawkmoth. None of the kwamis had any word on Dusuu's existence which was odd, since Daizzi had previously been able to see into his dreams and get a vague idea of what was going on.

"Maybe Hawkmoth's on Christmas break too," Chat Noir said, sitting with Ladybug on a bridge over the Seine. It was a few days before Christmas.

"Or maybe he's plotting something," Ladybug said with a more serious tone. Chat Noir nodded.

"Not even Volpina has returned. Why would she want the fox miraculous anyways?"

"I don't know, but I haven't been able to track her civilian self, Lila Rossi, either."

"Right... Lila Rossi," Chat Noir gulped.

"You know, when she trapped you in an illusion... you seemed pretty freaked out. What were you seeing?" Ladybug asked gently.

"A memory," Chat Noir said after a beat.

"Oh, well, you don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to," Ladybug bumped his shoulder with hers.

"Thank you." Chat Noir let out a sigh of relief. Ladybug frowned. He wasn't going to talk about it. She didn't know how to help him or if she even was in the place to help. Volpina had said some things to slightly hint at it, but one thing was clear. His illusion he saw wasn't the cage that Volpina showed to the others.

"You're a wonderful person, Chat Noir," Ladybug hummed, "I just want you to know that."

"Th-thanks," Chat Noir grinned, "I think you're pretty miraculous yourself."

Chat Noir looked at his ring and wondered if he should finally tell Ladybug about his curse or not. I mean, the curse was gone now. He finally talked to Plagg about it, and yes, Plagg was embarrassed, but he wanted Adrien to discover it all on his own—which he did. Like "surprise! I kissed Tikki and now you can have an almost normal life!!!" But he held his tongue. A part of him was so used to feeling the curse there that he didn't quite believe it was gone. Besides, maybe he was a little embarrassed about it himself.