The Fearless Friend

Chloe stood there, frozen and dumbstruck. "... You what?" she sputtered out.

"Well, I didn't want to do this, but you picked up this jewel and tried it on before I had the chance to take it back," Pollen said sharply, "And now, you've made a link between the two of us and are now obligated to either renounce this miraculous, or, become a superhero."

"What?" Chloe was still very tense.

"Ladybug, Chat Noir, Carapace and Rena Rouge, if you know her, are all superheroes."

"I know what a superhero is!" Chloe snapped back.

"Well, they all have kwami's, which is what I am," Pollen sighed. "I'm going to give you powers, if you agree to be a superhero and keep your identity secret."

"... If I have to keep my identity secret, why did you do this in front of Adrien?" Chloe said, finally deciding to drop the chair.

"Well, you didn't give me much of a choice on that," Pollen said with irritation, "I tried my hardest not to but, you know, there's things out of my control."

"Adrien, you're hearing this, right?" Chloe asked.

"It's uh... shocking... yes..." Adrien said, nearing the foosball table, "I mean- uh- Wow?! Magic exists?!"

"Weird," Chloe muttered as Adrien helped her climb off the table. It was then that Chloe realized just how tall Pollen was. "Oh shit, you're huge."

"Oh dear, never comment on a woman's size," Pollen rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah, sorry," Chloe muttered. "Ok, so let me get this straight... you can give me superpowers?"

"Temporary, yes. They only last while you are in costume."

"And where is that costume then?"

"It does not exist until you command it," Pollen said. "So, you will be the bee hero of subjection. When transformed into this, you will have superstrength, better agility, a super jump, and you'll be able to take more damage without it causing fatal harm."

"Cool, I guess," Chloe glanced at Adrien.

"You will have two superpowers which you will use for the greater good. One of them is called venom, which will give you the ability to freeze or rather, paralyze your opponents. And the other is toxicant, which gives you the ability to generate a poison of your choice... I recommend looking into poisons as a study side hobby. Now, when you use the toxicant, I will grant you the tool of your weapon, which will be a spinning top, in order to use it. But if I decide you are strong enough later on, you will be able to use it in various ways. Personally, I choose to spit poison from my mouth."

"Ew."

"Now, most of the heroes have added perks that don't necessarily count as powers. Ladybug, for example, heals naturally faster, and this remains in effect even when not transformed, so long as she doesn't renounce her kwami. For Chat Noir, he can cause more physical damage in fights, even without intending to."

"Wait, that's a thing?!" Adrien's eyes widened. Pollen gave him a warning look, then an angry one directed at nothing that clearly read, 'Plagg, you fucking idiot.'

"Well, of course. Rena Rouge can lie all she wants and everyone will have to believe her, even when she's not transformed. I mean... unless it's an outrageous lie, I'm sure," Pollen said, "And Carapace has more super strength than the rest of you to add to his ability of being a protector. And you, my dear," she crouched down to be at eye level with Chloe, "will cause more pain with each of your attacks. It will often result in a stinging pain, but either way, it doubles the pain of your attacks."