Chapter 17

A/N - no thoughts just Zane calling Izzy his daughter in chapter 11 ❤️

Enjoyyyy <3

~~~

Isabella

I hadn't been home in three weeks.

I hadn't slept in my bed, or seen any of my brothers other than Scott in person in 21 days.

It wasn't all bad here though, I'd fallen into a routine at Scott and Makayla's; I was doing schoolwork daily which my brother was forcing me to do, then either watching tv, or baking for the rest of the day. I was in the kitchen making cookies with Makayla when the door opened; assuming it was Scott I didn't even bother to turn around, he'd said he'd had an errand to run and given nothing else away.

It was probably Santiago related.

"This is like thirty cookies", I stood with my hands on my hips and stared at the three trays, "who's eating all of these?".

"I'll take some to go", that wasn't Scott's voice. That definitely wasn't Scott's voice. I turned and screamed when I laid my eyes upon Ezra, running and jumping into his arms as he laughed.

"Oh my god!", I exclaimed, grabbing his cheeks and kissing him, "what are you doing here?".

"Scott picked me up", he shrugged, "miss me?". Nodding eagerly I pressed my lips against his once again, shooting a grin at Scott who was standing behind Ezra.

"I could tell you were practically dying without him", he chuckled, "he's spending the night and I'm dropping him back tomorrow". I pulled apart from Ezra and hugged Scott tightly, always trying to keep me happy.

"Thank you Scott", I beamed, turning and tugging on Ezra's wrist, "let me give you a tour".

"Sounds like a plan darlin'", he smiled, allowing me to drag him along, "the cookies smell great Makayla!".

~

I forced Ezra to endure my tour for at least half an hour, showing him every room from Makayla's office to the room where I'd sat and listened to Scott play the piano for who knows how long two weeks ago.

"So you've been okay here? We've all missed you darlin'", he placed Gio in his lap and rubbed his shell, "both of you".

"I've been okay I guess", I shrugged, "is everyone okay? The phone's literally shit compared to seeing everyone in person, I haven't seen anyone in person in weeks- I mean Xav calls daily, but I barely hear from Xander and Cay, this whole thing's fucked up Ezra". He just stared at me for a minute before he nodded and focused back on Gio.

"I get you darlin;", he sided with me, "it's all shit, but it's what's gotta happen until he's gone yeah? Let's hope it's sooner rather than later hm?".  I nodded, sinking into the bed beside him with a sigh.

Santiago had to die, it was inevitable now; and I just hoped Zane and Marco made every second of his death as painful as he'd made my brothers' childhood- he deserved every second of what he was about to get.

"I wanna come home", I told him quietly and he smiled weakly, taking my hand in his and rubbing my knuckles with his thumb delicately.

"I know you do", he muttered, "and you will, soon, they're doing everything they can Izzy".

"I know they are", I nodded; they'd always put me first, no matter how much I told them not to.

"And while I'm here for the next 24 hours, how about we do something fun?", he wiggled his eyebrows and picked up Gio slowly, making him do a little dance on his two back legs in his lap, "he's all for it".