Chapter 16

Chapter 16

    "Just ask if you go. We found the stall where the woman bought the hat and returned it at the original price. Anyway, we never wore it."

    Xiao Yutang said, looking at the bustling street, feeling a little confused again.

    The market economy has only been opened for a few years, and the management of the stalls and shops on the street is not particularly standardized. All the stalls are placed randomly, regardless of region.

    The two children looked over and saw that there were all kinds of stalls, selling roasted sweet potatoes, shoes, rice, flour...

    all the stalls were put together, and there was no classification, bustling and chaotic.

    The place they saw selling live chickens yesterday is now selling green vegetables; the place selling washbasins they saw yesterday is now selling kitchen knives...

    There are also people selling candied haws with straw sticks. Walking around selling small toys with a load, people were dazzled to see, but there was no one selling hats and scarves.

    Next to them is a stall selling spicy strips.

    Xiao Yutang is older, and he had an impression of the streets in the city in the early years. In the past few years, he has never seen a seller of spicy noodles, and he has never seen anyone around him eat them.

    The owner of the Latiao stand is busy making Latiao.

    There is an oil pan on the small coal stove, and the boss is putting star anise, bay leaves, and shallots in it. When the coals are red hot, the oil pan is opened, and the spices in it are bubbling.

    The proprietress is adjusting the seasoning. Put salt, sugar, pepper powder, pepper powder, cumin, cumin powder, chili powder, minced garlic, white sesame seeds, and light soy sauce together and stir evenly.

    After the spices are fried, the boss takes out the residue of the spices, scoops up the oil soaked in the aroma of the spices with a large spoon, and pours the fragrant oil into it step by step, stirring while pouring, every time it is poured in, it smells There was a sizzling sound of oil, and there was steaming heat.     Finally, a large pot of spicy strips was prepared, and the proprietress poured the steamed beef tendon noodles into it, and kept stirring them with long chopsticks. A group of men, women, and children gathered around the stall couldn't wait.     The proprietress smiled.

    "Children, don't worry. Auntie's hot strips are selling well here. This pot is just right. Wait for Auntie to mix it up again and sprinkle some white sesame seeds. This pot is still the same as before. It is strong, fragrant and spicy enough."

    "Okay!" The children held the change in their hands and waited.

    Xiao Yutang and Xiao Yu could not help swallowing as they smelled the scent wafting over from the spicy noodles stall.

    "Zhengzheng, when we return our hats and scarves, we'll come and buy spicy strips."

    "Okay!"

    Both Xiao Yutang and Xiao Yuzheng looked expectant.

    The two boys continued walking down the street hand in hand until they found a stall selling hats and scarves.

    "Oh, it's you." The stall owner greeted Xiao Yutang and Xiao Yuzheng when he saw them.

    Xiao Yuzheng frowned, he had never seen this stall owner before.

    After the reform and opening up, everyone no longer has to be afraid of being labeled as a ji-dao ba. More and more people choose to use their own hands to create a good life.